$ 750 million lawsuit filed against Travis Scott, Drake on behalf of Astroworld victims

A lawsuit demanding more than $ 750 million was filed on Tuesday on behalf of at least 125 Astroworld victims, including 21-year-old Axel Acosta, who was killed at the show.

The audience increase at rapper Travis Scott’s festival in Houston left 10 people dead and many more injured. Dozens of lawsuits against Scott and Live Nation Entertainment Inc. has since been laid out.

The case, filed by the Buzbee Law Firm, also shows rapper Drake, who had joined Scott halfway through his Astroworld set, and Apple Music, who streamed the festival as defendants, among others.

“The victims that night went to Astroworld for fun,” the case said. “Neither they nor their families were ever warned that they were entering an extremely dangerous situation.”

Acosta “was crushed by the agitated, unruly and out of control crowd with such force that he could no longer breathe,” according to the case. He went into cardiac arrest, and was then trampled down.

“When he lay there under a mass of humanity and died, the music played and streamed on – for almost forty minutes,” it read in the case. Acosta died on the spot.

The case accuses Scott, whose real name is Jacques Bermon Webster II, of keeping the concert going, even after authorities announced a mass accident. Other cases have claimed the same thing, and Houston fire chief Samuel Peña said Scott “absolutely” should have stopped the show when he saw what was going on.

“Look: We all have a responsibility. Everyone for that event has a responsibility, from the artist down,” he said last week.

His litigation attorney, Edwin McPherson, has said: “Travis Scott did not know there was a mass accident incident being called.”

“Nobody told him, nobody told his crew. When someone finally communicated something to his crew that this was the last song that was around 10:10, Travis said” OK, last song, “and he stopped it when he was told to stop it, “McPherson said.

Scott said in an Instagram story a day after the tragedy that he was “devastated” by what was happening. He has offered to pay for the funerals of the 10 people who died and refund tickets to all attendees.

“Such [an] The offer is a transparent and grotesque effort by the defendants to limit their responsibility, afterwards, to the families of those killed or injured, “the Buzbee trial said.” The Acosta family would rather Webster had privately spent money on proper planning, adequate security and medical staff before the concert, instead of publicly saying he would pay for the burials of those who were crushed and killed. “

The suit, like many that came before it, also noted that Scott has an alleged history of encouraging violence at his shows through his lyrics and habit of encouraging crowds to ignore safety and hurry on stage. It pointed out that Scott told GQ that he wants his concerts to feel like a World Wrestling Federation match.

The suit also tells of the case of Kyle Green, who was paralyzed at a Travis Scott concert in New York City in 2017. Scott can be heard on video urging fans to jump from a balcony on the third floor and assure them that other fans would catch them. Green has said he did not jump but was pushed and landed on the floor.

Scott did not immediately respond to a request for comment regarding this specific case. Live Nation, Drake, Apple and other defendants did not respond either to NBC News.

Follow us on Google News

Disclaimers for mcutimes.com

All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.

Give a Comment