This is an instructional position at the Maryland Correctional Institution – Hagerstown (MCIH) in which the
teacher is responsible for preparing incarcerated students to obtain an entry level position in the field of Meat Cutting. The curriculum
was designed to help students understand the basic fundamentals of the industry in a way that is engaging, interesting, and relevant. The
instructor will teach students skills pertaining to meat cutting such as safety, sanitation, processing, handling, storage, quality control,
and identification. Hands-on activities and instruction will coincide with techniques being taught within the Maryland Correctional
Enterprises (MCE) Food Production program. The course will also utilize MD Labor workforce development resources to help students understand
their career aspirations and prepare them for employment post-release.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Work with MCE staff to recruit and screen eligible students.
- Implement the Meat Cutting curriculum and
follow all institutional procedures.
- Teach students, through hands on instruction, how to perform basic meat cutting and handling
skills utilizing field best practices and modern equipment.
- Ensure that students take proper care of materials and adhere to school
rules and procedures.
- Maintain student records and communicate with the school’s administration.
- Request certificates of
completion from MD Labor Headquarters staff upon students’ course completion.
- Monitor the progress of the training program.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School
- At least two years of teaching experience or providing on-the-job-training is welcomed
- Self-starter who follows through from planning to
position is considered open until filled. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled and considered
Hagerstown Community College is committed to the recruitment, selection, hiring and retention of a diverse
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.