Job Location : Main Campus – SAN RAFAEL, CA
Position Type : Full Time
Dominican University of California is seeking a dynamic individual for a full-time, 12-month tenure-track associate professor position in the Barowsky School of Business to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in data science, business analytics, and entrepreneurship. The candidate should have an earned doctoral degree in information science (broadly defined) or Entrepreneurship, and have a significant research record and an active interdisciplinary research agenda. Responsibilities include teaching courses in data science, business analytics, and innovation and entrepreneurship, publishing in high quality journals, mentoring students, and participating in service to the University. We are particularly interested in candidates who can teach cross disciplinary courses and in multiple disciplines. The candidate will also have release time to direct the Francoise O. Lepage Center for Global Innovation in the Barowsky School of Business.
The Barowsky School of Business seeks to enhance the professional and personal development of our students through highly personalized and engaged learning experiences. We currently offer the following graduate programs: MBA, MBA with business analytics concentration, MBA with healthcare leadership concentration, China Online MBA, MS Accounting, and MS in business analytics. At the undergraduate level, we offer two majors: Applied Computer Science and Business Administration. Business concentrations include accounting, finance, international business, management, and marketing. The evening/weekend/online Degree Completion program for the mid-career profession is a major in Leadership and Management. We also offer minors in Business, Coding and Software Design, Leadership, and also Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Our small class size, teaching and mentoring philosophy, and core values of study, reflection, community and service create a distinctive experiential learning environment for our students.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in information and data science, business analytics, entrepreneurship, and management. Weekend and evening classes may be required as a part of the teaching load. Online and hybrid teaching will be included
- Contribute to the school through scholarly inquiry resulting in peer-reviewed journal publications, books, software, and patents.
- Provide quality service to the university.
- Serve as Director of the Francoise O. Lepage Center for Global Innovation.
- Doctoral degree is required. Areas of specialties in Information Science, Entrepreneurship, or related disciplines associated with creativity and innovation.
- Excellent teaching records at the college level.
- Active research agenda appropriate to the level of associate professor
- Innovative cross disciplinary research record.
- Strong publication record in quality peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Experience in teaching information science and/or entrepreneurship or related topics at the university level.
- Business and/or professional experience as an entrepreneur, data scientist, applied creativity & innovation.
- Understanding of different cultures and global issues.
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by December 1, 2021; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled.
- Must be willing to consent to a background check.
For More Information Contact:
Dr. Denise Lucy
Professor of Business & Organizational Studies, Executive Director of the Institute for Leadership Studies
Barowsky School of Business
Dominican University of California
50 Acacia Ave, San Rafael, CA 94901
Dominican University of California is strongly committed to building a diverse community and therefore is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.