Bill Cosby’s legal problems are apparently far from over. The 84-year-old has been sued for sexual assault by actress Lili Bernard, who claims she was doped and raped by her mentor in 1990. Cosby, who was released from prison earlier this year, maintains her innocence.
“I have been waiting a long time to be able to pursue my case in court and I look forward to being heard and holding Cosby accountable for what he did to me. Even though it happened a long time ago, I still live with fear, pain and shame every day of my life, “said Bernard, who is represented by Merson Law, PLLC, in a statement. She emerged as an alleged victim of Cosby’s years ago.
The lawsuit was filed in federal court in New Jersey on Thursday. It is, according to the state’s two-year flashback window, that enables survivors of sexual abuse to raise civil claims no matter when an assault took place.
Bernard met the once beloved actor on set of Cosby Show where he offered to be her mentor for her acting career. According to the lawsuit obtained by Yahoo Entertainment, “Cosby” considered Mrs. Bernard to be his daughter and “emphasized” that chastity was a virtue, warned her against Hollywood sexual pressure “and said she could call him” father. “
During a mentoring session in a Trump Taj Mahal suite, Bernard claims Cosby made her a non-alcoholic beverage, but after drinking it, she began to “feel symptoms of dizziness, an urge to vomit and weakness,” according to the document. She claims she went in and out of consciousness and woke up at one point “to find Mr. Cosby naked on top of her.” She remembers saying “no” to Cosby. The morning after the alleged rape, Bernard claims that Cosby handed her money and secured her transportation back to New York.
“Mr. Cosby sexually assaulted, abused and drugged Mrs. Bernard on several occasions,” the case reads.
Bernard claims that Cosby threatened to sue her for defamation if she went to the police and said he would “delete” her if she reported the alleged abuse. He allegedly threatened her career. She claims to have suffered post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, depression, nightmares, severe physical pain “and several other permanent injuries.” She is seeking “an amount of not less than” $ 25 million in damages.
Cosby’s representative Andrew Wyatt struck back at the trial.
“These retrospective provisions are unconstitutional and they are a pure violation of an individual’s constitutional rights and deny him or her their due process,” Wyatt told Yahoo Entertainment. “This is just another attempt to abuse the legal process by opening the floodgates for people who have never presented a gram of evidence, proofs, truths and / or facts to substantiate their alleged allegations. Cosby continues to be firm. his innocence and will vigorously combat all alleged allegations against him and is willing and able to take this fight to the highest court in these United States of America. “
Cosby served more than two years with a three- to ten-year sentence after being found guilty of sexually assaulting Andrea Constand in 2004. His 2018 sentence was overturned in June.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.