Req ID: req9977
Position Number: AS8061
Department: Human Resources
Hiring Supervisor: Jennifer Moody
(Contingent upon available funding):
42,660.00 – 57,720.00, Salary
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday, 8a,-5pm, additional hours may be required in order to complete assignments.
The Benefits Analyst is primarily responsible for performing analytical work on the employee group benefit programs. This position provides recommendations on existing and proposed employee group benefit programs and provides leadership planning and control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing employee benefit data and trends. The position will work closely with the Senior Director of Total Rewards and other HR Professionals/Leadership to determine appropriate total rewards strategies and actions based upon analysis data and trends, and will be a contributing member or team lead on special projects as needed. The benefits programs are designed to attract, retain, motivate and reward a diverse and competent employee base while ensuring external competitiveness and governmental compliance.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please include a cover letter and a list of three references.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Mathematical, or related field.
Two years experience in human resources, benefits, or analytical role.
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Have knowledge of Human Resources principles and best practices including benefits analysis
- Have knowledge of all applicable Federal, State, and local rules, regulations and/or statutes
- Have knowledge of research methods and data analysis techniques and be proficient in Excel for analysis of data
- Have experience with customer service principles and exhibit customer service skills in daily work
- Address difficult situations in a constructive manner
- Understand negotiation and problem solving
- Have skills in conducting studies and preparing sound recommendations
- Analyze and interpret policies, practices and procedures
- Prepare written reports for varied audiences
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Handle sensitive and confidential matters and situations
- Understand and follow broad and complex instructions
Master’s in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related field.
Three years of work experience in benefits administration
and/or analysis. Work experience in higher education system or campus.
PHR/SPHR/CCP or other related certification.
Working knowledge of federal/state laws and regulations regarding benefit practices. Working knowledge of federal/state laws and IRS regulations regarding benefits and retirement programs, i.e., ERISA, IRS Section 125, etc. Knowledge of Banner ERP systems.
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit https:///eeo.okstate.edu.