Prince Charles’ former assistant steps down amid ‘Cash for Access’ demands

By Brent Furdyk.

6 hours ago

The Prince’s Foundation, a charity set up by Prince Charles, is investigating allegations that intermediaries in the organization have charged large sums of money for access to the royal and withdrew money from the transactions for themselves.

According to a report in The guardian, a representative of the foundation said they took the recent allegations “very seriously” after allegations that wealthy people were being offered dinner with the Prince of Wales and an overnight stay at Dumfries House, his mansion in Scotland, to a price of £ 100,000 (approximately $ 175,000 Canadian).

The guardian reported that an email allegedly describes the play, “that fixers could take up to 25 percent of the fees intended for the king’s charitable purpose.”

RELATED: Prince Charles considers Prince Andrew’s return to royal duties ‘not possible’ after sexual assault cases

The sender of the email was identified as Michael Wynne-Parker, described by a story from 2003 in The guardian as having been “prohibited by official watchdogs from giving financial advice and serving as company director”, where the judge at the time stated that the businessman had “a villain’s mode”.

The email from 2019 explains that five percent of the fees went to Wynne-Parker, with 20 percent going to “another middleman” with the money to be paid to Burke’s Peerage – described as “who is who” in Britain’s aristocracy – while claiming that its editor, William Bortrick, represented the prince.

“The Prince’s Foundation takes very seriously the allegations made by Mail on Sunday about third parties who have previously introduced potential donors to our charity,” a spokesman for the Prince’s Foundation said.

RELATED: Barbra Streisand Serves Friendship with Prince Charles, Says He Sent Her a ‘Bouquet of Flowers’

“We were not aware that there was any financial gain for these individuals that we have never paid, and we have terminated our relationship with these individuals and referred the matter to our ethics committee for investigation,” the statement continued. “Michael Wynn Parker [sic] does not represent the Prince’s Foundation, and the email he sent is not representative of the Foundation’s approach to fundraising. ”

Following the original report, another alleged fixer, the former aide to Prince Charles, Michael Fawcett, who was now CEO of the Prince’s Foundation, stepped down temporarily.

Additional requirements from Sunday Times state that Fawcett accepted large donations from the Saudi businessman Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz, in exchange for helping him secure his honor.

According to the newspaper, more than £ 1.5 million was donated to royal charities, and Fawcett stepped aside after the publication provided evidence that tens of thousands were given to fixers with “links to the prince who had told him they could secure the honor. “

Mahfouz was presented to his CBE in 2016 by Prince Charles in a private ceremony not published in Court Circular (the official list of royal engagements).

A spokesman for The Prince’s Foundation said: “The Foundation takes very seriously the allegations that have recently been brought to light and the matter is currently under investigation.”

The chairman of the foundation, Douglas Connell, added: “Michael fully supports the ongoing investigation and has confirmed that he will assist in the investigation in every way.”

Click to view gallery

Prince Charles gives a good point



.

Give a Comment