Bill Cosby prosecutor Andrea Constand comments after his release from prison: It is ‘disgusting’

Andrea Constand opens for the first time on television since Bill Cosby’s release from prison following a sexual assault conviction was overturned by Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court in June.

The former Temple University staffer was among the first to accuse Cosby of sexual assault – a claim she said took place in 2004 and ultimately led to the disgraceful actor’s conviction in 2018.

Constand has previously said she took pills that Cosby offered one night in January 2004, suspecting they were herbal remedies, but she soon found her body going numb. Constand testified constantly, emotionlessly, both at his first trial in 2017, which ended in a stalemate, and another trial in 2018, when the jury convicted Cosby of drugging and violating her.

About 60 women have accused Cosby of sex crimes ranging from misdemeanor to battery to assault and beyond.

BILL COSBY’S PROSECUTORS CARLA FERRIGNO, JANICE DICKINSON AND MORE REACTION TO HIS PRISON RELEASE: ‘I’m Angry’

Now, in Constand’s first interview, the former professional basketball player told NBC that it was “disgusting” to see Cosby and his team praise his release so openly in public.

“He is a sexually violent predator who was largely released from prison,” Constand told NBC News’ Kate Snow in an interview shown Tuesday.Today” show.

GLORIA ALLRED SLAMS BILL COSBY’S ARGUMENT IN PLAYBOY MANSION LAWSUIT AS HARMFUL: IT’S A ‘GREAT EDITION’

She added that Cosby’s release “did not surprise me, given the level of arrogance and without remorse. During the time he was imprisoned, absolutely zero remorse for what he did to me.”

Constand will write his experience and testimony in a new book entitled “The Moment: Standing Up to Bill Cosby, Speaking Up for Women.”

Andrea Constand opens for the first time on television since Bill Cosby's release from prison in June after a sexual assault conviction was overturned by Pennsylvania's Supreme Court in June.

Andrea Constand opens for the first time on television since Bill Cosby’s release from prison in June after a sexual assault conviction was overturned by Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court in June.
(Getty Images)

Elsewhere in his sit with NBC, the former administrator said that while “Bill Cosby is going free, it does not change the fact that my testimony was believed.”

“I’ve come too far to go back to that place to wonder if it’s all worth it or to have regretted it,” she continued in the preview. “It was worth it. But it was worth it because I did not feel alone. I had a whole community, a whole army of women and other survivors, strangers, family, friends who were right there with me.”

BILL COSBY ACCUSER ANDREA CONSTAND WRITES ABOUT ACTOR TEST, #METOO MOVEMENT IN NEW MEMOIR

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court overturned the 83-year-old actor’s verdict sexual assault after finding out that District Attorney Kevin Steele, the prosecutor who brought the case against Cosby, violated an agreement not to let him be charged. It was an agreement made by former District Attorney Bruce Castor had made with Cosby in 2005, although it had apparently never been written in writing.

Cosby was released from SCI Phoenix in Collegeville, Penn., Outside Philadelphia, just before noon. 14:30 on June 30, state correctional officials told Fox News at the time. He was seen leaving prison in a white car shortly after.

He had promised to serve all 10 years rather than acknowledge any remorse over the 2004 meeting with Constand, which at the time slammed the assault of conviction and his release as “disappointing”.

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

“How can you – [a] District Attorney without the judge’s written immunity – enforce a decision on a handshake in the back room? “Constand examined in her interview.” How can you give credibility to it? “

In July, Cosby’s publicist confirmed to Fox News that his legal team is application to retrieve “hundreds of thousands” of dollars from the State for wrongful imprisonment.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Mr. Cosby’s constitutional rights were abolished by DA Kevin Steele and Judge O’Neill, and we are investigating possible lawsuits against Montgomery County, as well as reviewing all mechanisms to request that their bar license be permanently suspended,” he said at the time.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Give a Comment