Salary: $0.00 Annually
Location: District-Wide (Kenosha/Racine/Walworth Counties), WI
Job Type: Adjunct Part-Time
Division: Pre-College Programs
Job Number: 21515
Please Note: Unless otherwise indicated in this summary, courses are delivered in a traditional face-to-face method on campus, not online. THIS IS NOT A FULL-TIME POSITION.
The purpose of this posting is to create a pool of qualified applicants to draw from, as needed, for temporary assignments.
If you are committed to providing higher education empowering individuals to achieve academic and career goals leading to a competent workforce, we invite you to submit your application to be included in our adjunct faculty applicant pool. Our adjunct faculty instructors provide student centered instruction on a course by course basis. Adjunct faculty serve as temporary part-time instructors hired to provide instruction, student advising and student support to our students. Compensation for adjunct faculty is determined according to our current adjunct faculty per credit hour or equivalent rate.
This instructor reports to the Dean, Pre-College Programs.
- Plan and teach courses which fulfill the current curriculum goals and objectives.
- Prepare a course syllabus, which includes course requirements, attendance requirements, and grading criteria.
- Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues
- Adhere to class schedules. Meet attendance standards.
- Remain current in practices, trends and research related to areas of specialization or assignment.
- Employ appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives.
- Identify and assess students who are in need of additional instruction to successfully complete the course objectives and provide additional instruction to those students as needed.
- Check email or Blackboard for student rosters and other information as required.
- Maintain confidentiality relating to student matters.
- Participate in college, campus and department evaluation processes.
- Attend adjunct faculty meetings as scheduled.
- Interact constructively with resident faculty.
- Promote the education/training program, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to market Gateway.
- Comply with college policies and procedures and department guidelines.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE POSITION
- BA Communications OR
- BA/BS or higher with 30 semester credits in any combination of English, Reading, Journalism, Reading Instruction, Communication, or Speech.
- Experience working with at-risk populations
Other Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Working experience with computer software systems.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of related students.
- Skilled in teaching a wide range of related subjects.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate day, evening and weekend students.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available.
SCHOOL OF/LOCATION:Precollege Programs/District Wide
FLSA DESIGNATION: Exempt
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Employment is contingent on an acceptable background check.
- Employment eligibility for the United States.
- Must participate in competency based professional development (FQAS).
- Flexibility is needed to accommodate day, evening and weekend students.
- Requires annual attendance at Gateway Technical College Adjunct Faculty In-Service.
- Tobacco-free environment.
Gateway will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, creed, religion, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, disability, age, membership in any reserve component of the armed forces, union affiliation, arrest and conviction record, or any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law. Gateway TechnicalCollegeis an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer operating under an Affirmative Action Plan. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Office for Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights at 262.564.3062 (Wisconsin Relay System: 711) or email@example.com for assistance. Women, veterans, and minorities are encouraged to apply.
No benefits are provided in this category.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex or national origin. Gateway Technical College is an Equal Opportunity/Access Educator/Employer operating under an Affirmation Action Plan.