JOB OPENING ID: 205915
ORGANIZATIONAL GROUP: UM Hospital
DEPARTMENT: MM Environmental Svcs – Admin
UMHS is looking for a Senior Business Systems Analyst who will be responsible for supporting the Logistics and Support (LSS) Department. The position will play a critical role in analyzing operational trends, formulating actionable insights and strategy, and coordinating analytic efforts across various hospitals and departments. The role requires close interaction with Leadership providing a significant opportunity to impact LSS operations. Ideal candidate will take the appropriate actions to identify and solve complex problems pertaining to the Operations Analysis function.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and communities through excellence in education, patient care, community service, research and technology development, and through leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient care, education and research that together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000 employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become one of the world’s most distinguished academic health systems. In some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your very first day
- 2:1 Match on retirement savings
- Advanced experience in SQL, ETL Tools, Tableau, and SharePoint
- Demonstrates strong Excel skills, especially advanced financial modeling, and analytical techniques
- Supports the Division and Business Unit budget process and performs special projects and analyses as assigned. Work under minimal supervision.
- Takes the appropriate actions to identify and solve complex operational issues.
- Identifies and analyzes a variety of data sets and develops actionable insights and business strategies, especially as they apply to Lean Operations.
- Completes moderate to complex detailed data collection and analysis.
- Creates, reviews, analyzes, updates and maintains accurate reports. Ensures the integrity and quality of data and reports.
- Creates business intelligence tools or systems to analyze and report key metrics.
- Communicates and disseminates information regarding tools, reports, analysis, and process improvements.
- Serves as the systems liaison with vendors, IT and other internal and external system managers/partners.
- Analyzes business and user needs to document IT requirements and translate into proper system specifications
- Develops, implements, maintains, troubleshoots, and provides technical expertise on relevant databases and/or systems.
- Identifies, evaluates, and analyzes critical business situations and recommends solutions.
- Ability to partner with Application Developers in IT to translate business requirements into functional specifications.
- Supports the current technology environments and ability to migrate to advanced technologies in the future (i.e. SharePoint on-premise to SharePoint Online).
- Interprets data to assist leadership with strategic decision making.
- Serves as a liaison between the IT group, end-users, and vendors and provides support to resolve system issues
- Project Management and/or Consulting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Health Care Administration, Finance, Statistics, Math, Economics, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Eight years of previous experience in data analytics and/or operational analysis. Experience in Healthcare analytics (Minimum four (5) years preferred)
- Professional relevant experience, in addition to the required experience, may substitute for the bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt or higher preferred
- Epic Clarity Certification
University of Michigan Health System conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations are now required for all University of Michigan students, faculty and staff across all three campuses, including Michigan Medicine. This includes those working or learning remotely. More information on this policy is available on the Campus Blueprint website or the U-M Dearborn and U-M Flint websites.
The University of Michigan is a non-discriminatory/affirmative action employer.