COVID-19: Former Little Mix star Jesy Nelson tests positive for coronavirus and will miss upcoming show | Ents & Arts News

Singer Jesy Nelson has tested positive for COVID-19, which caused her to withdraw from a live performance this weekend.

That former Little Mix star, 30, said she had “felt uncomfortable” the last few days and is now self-isolating.

Nelson was to perform in Birmingham on Saturday at Free Radio Hits Live 2021 alongside artists such as James Arthur, Anne-Marie, Mabel and KSI.

In a statement on Instagram, she said: “Hello dear ones, after feeling uncomfortable the last few days, I have unfortunately been tested positive for Covid, which means I am now self-isolating, according to government guidelines.

“That means I’m no longer able to perform at Hits Live in Birmingham on Saturday. Sorry to any of my fans who bought tickets and I’m so sorry I can no longer be there .

“I hope you all have a great night, rest assured, and I can not wait to see you all soon love you so much.”

The concert would have been one of Nelson’s first since launches his solo career outside Little Mix with the release of her debut solo single Boyz.

She is scheduled to perform at the Capital’s Jingle Bell Ball in December on a bill that also includes Justin Bieber and Coldplay.

Nelson was originally part of Little Mix with Leigh-Anne Pinnock, Jade Thirlwall and Perrie Edwards, but left in December 2020 after nine years, blaming the charge in the group on her mental health.

Little Mix receives an award from the British.
Picture:
The singer is a former member of the band Little Mix

The remaining trio released a new album, Between Us, earlier this month to mark the 10th anniversary of the band’s formation.

Little Mix was formed on the eighth series of X Factor in 2011 and was the first group to win the competition.

Give a Comment