University of Notre Dame
The University of Notre Dame (ND.jobs) is accepting applications for a Assistant Athletic Director for Ticket Sales, Premium Seating Sales & Service.
Applications will be accepted until 11/30/2021.
Notre Dame Athletics is committed to building a diverse workforce passionate about maximizing the student-athlete experience. Our pillars of Education; Excellence; Faith; Tradition and Community guide us in the inclusive work we do each and every day and we are eager to attract individuals who can positively contribute to that work. We firmly believe we can all create change together locally and be a catalyst for change nationally through our StaND Together commitment to Listen, Amplify, Focus, Diversify, Engage and Vote.
As a member of the Notre Dame Athletics team, the Assistant Athletics Director for Ticket Sales, Premium Seating Sales & Service, will serve as the leader for the department’s membership, sales, service and retention teams who will proactively pursue and develop new business focused on securing and retaining Football, Men’s and Women’s Basketball and Hockey ticket revenue including but not limited to Club seats, corporate boxes, memberships, hospitality packages, VIP experiences, and group ticket packages.
- Work in a cross functional environment maintaining strong, collaborative working relationships with various internal groups including the department’s data, marketing and ticket teams.
- Understand and achieve the strategic goals of the athletic department.
- Develop ticket sales strategies and campaigns to maximize the sales of season tickets, partial plans, group tickets, corporate hospitality, and premium seating.
- Create and implement regular ticket sales training initiatives to increase sales rep productivity and elevate overall sales team performance.
- Strategize, maintain, and executive a 30-60-90 day sales and communications timelines.
- Assist the sales team with their outbound cold calling efforts and new business client meetings.
- Analyze historical and current ticket sales data and performance metrics to determine future calling campaigns and new lead sources for the sales team.
- Assist with product development and product pricing.
- Work to create dashboards and virtual CRM reports to manage and track campaign performance and sales rep productivity.
- Participate in planning meetings to discuss cross departmental revenue opportunities and collaborate with other team members to support and further the sales department goals.
- Responsible for daily revenue tracking, campaign management and the regular communication of sales team performance to Athletics Leadership.
- Maintain and grow relationships with Notre Dame patrons, alumni, athletic department and university staff.
- Collaborate with department leadership to establish annual campaign goals.
- Develop annual operational budgets that result in a fiscally sound operation, including providing input on product levels and pricing.
- In conjunction with the internal and external teams, assist with the creation, execution and evaluation of strategic marketing campaigns to meet the financial goals of the athletic department.
- Oversee the sales and stewardship team including identifying, developing and retaining top talent, promoting from within, coaching and performance management.
- Deliver on individual and team revenue goals through the selling of tickets, VIP experiences and premium hospitality packages.
- Ensure sales team effectively leverages internal support groups such as data analytics, marketing and digital to drive sales
- Be visible and active in the community
- Oversee monthly inventory for all departments.
- Verify, prepare and submit reports/monthly projections as required.
- Perform additional, related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required.
- Bachelors degree (4 years)
- 4-6 years of experience in ticket and hospitality sales and sales management
- Proven leadership experience in a sales environment including coaching, mentoring, hiring, training, and performance management
- Proven and demonstrated experience with significantly increasing revenues and expanding the number of season ticketholders and/or donors.
- Resourceful and innovative, with an entrepreneurial spirit and partnership-oriented mindset.
- Proven track record developing and maintaining strong, lasting relationships with relevant stakeholders
- Ability to develop and execute strategic plans to meet both short and long-term business solutions
- Effective problem-solving abilities and solution-based mindset
- Commitment to a strong team-first culture focused on exceeding goals and supporting each other at all times
- Ability to develop and deliver sound recommendations to senior management
- Organization and planning skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work both traditional and non-traditional hours (nights, weekends, holidays)
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and various ticketing systems
- Ability to influence and motivate others through leading by example
- Manage time effectively and orchestrate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate self-confidence and optimism in any environment
- Proven and effective listening, communication, organization and presentation skills
- Must possess a high level of integrity and honesty
- High energy level with strong drive for results
- Advanced degree
- previous sports industry and/or higher education experience
ABOUT NOTRE DAME:
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by Rev. Edward F. Sorin, C.S.C., of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university located in Notre Dame, Ind. For the fifth consecutive year, the University of Notre Dame has received Honor Roll distinctions as one of the top 10 higher education workplaces in the country in the Chronicle of Higher Education’s annual “Great Colleges to Work For” survey…and we are proud of it!
This appointment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Applicants will be asked to identify all felony convictions and/or pending felony charges. Felony convictions do not automatically bar an individual from employment. Each case will be examined separately to determine the appropriateness of employment in the particular position. Failure to be forthcoming or dishonesty with respect to felony disclosures can result in the disqualification of a candidate. The full procedure can be viewed at https://facultyhandbook.nd.edu/?id=link-73597.
Equal Opportunity Employment StatementThe University of Notre Dame seeks to attract, develop, and retain the highest quality faculty, staff and administration. The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to building a culturally diverse workplace. We strongly encourage applications from female and minority candidates and those candidates attracted to a university with a Catholic identity. Moreover, Notre Dame prohibits discrimination against veterans or disabled qualified individuals, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors to employ and advance veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities in compliance with 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-300.5(a).
Please apply online at http://ND.jobs to Job # S221048. For additional information about working at the University of Notre Dame and various benefits available to employees, please visit http://hr.nd.edu/why-nd. The University of Notre Dame supports the needs of dual career couples and has a Dual Career Assistance Program in place to assist relocating spouses and significant others with their job search.
The University of Notre Dame, an international Catholic research university, is an equal opportunity employer.