Job ID: 297778
ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY – I (IN-ENGT-IUINA)
For more information, please click here.
- Interprets and explains a wide range of university and governmental policies and procedures involving official records and/or student loans to students, faculty, parents, and the general public.
- Processes and maintains official records; answers specific questions regarding records; ensures that records are accurate and complete; and investigates and resolves any questions or discrepancies.
- May process, approve, and issue short term loans and/or official documents including transcripts, student loan deferments, and insurance forms after determining student eligibility.
- Responds to requests for information; determines appropriateness of release of information under well established university and federal policies; transmits information, if appropriate.
- Distributes and collects forms from walk-in clients; sets up staff appointments, if needed.
- Monitors any changes to student files; updates as new information is received. Develops and maintains files and databases.
- Responds to student inquiries regarding status of account. Provides technical direction to part-time student staff.
- May certify completion of degree requirements
High school diploma or GED
2 years in customer service, higher education, or a related field
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information
- Friendly and service-oriented
Working Conditions / Demands
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.
Career Level: Intermediate
Job Function: Student Services
Job Family: Student Services Generalist
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
IUPUI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action educator and employer and affords reasonable accommodations to persons with disabilities.