Tiger Woods says he had a golf club while lying in bed recovering from a car accident

Legendary golfer Tiger Woods discussed his future in his first interview since a devastating car accident in Los Angeles last February.

Woods described the immediate consequences of the accident in an interview with Golf Digest, as well as the long rehabilitation process continues.

Woods stressed that he was itching to get back to the fight despite his injuries. One of the first things he did in his hospital bed was ask for a golf club to mess with.

Still, the golfer, while speaking to the magazine, added that even though he “did well”, he still had a way to go to get back to his previous level.

On February 23, Woods was speeding in his Genesis SUV around in a sharp turn when he lost control of the vehicle. This resulted in a tipping crash, and Woods broke his right shin and fibula, along with reported minor fractures in his left leg and compound fractures.

Tiger Woods golf
Tiger Woods has revealed some of the strains behind his rehabilitation process in the first interview since he broke his legs in a devastating crash in February. Here, Woods can be seen at the PNC Championship in Florida.
Mike Ehrmann / Getty

At one point, doctors at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center feared they might have to amputate his right leg. This was not the case, however, and Woods was eventually discharged from the hospital for rehab.

Woods said his recovery was an uphill battle and that he wanted to start playing singles tours – though he admitted he would probably never play golf full time again.

“I think something that’s realistic is to play the tour one day – never full time, ever again – but pick and choose,” Woods said. Golf Digest. “You practice around it and you prepare for it. I think that’s how I’ll have to play it from now on. It’s an unfortunate reality, but it’s my reality. And I understand that. , and I accept it. “

Woods’ rehabilitation process included a three-month stay in a home-bound hospital bed. This eventually developed into a wheelchair and then a set of crutches.

“Adding that part to my daily life was so rewarding because I was stuck in a house. Admittedly, it’s a pretty nice house I’ve built for myself, but I had not been able to do one. “Things I love to do: I love going outside and just being outside,” Woods said Golf Digest. “Sometimes I just crouch and lie on the grass for an hour because I want to be outside. Missing the contact with a golf ball that is hit properly is one of the better feelings.”

Progress seems to be coming as Woods recently tweeted a video showing him swinging an iron.

The famous golfer told the magazine that his father’s regiment as a former military man helped Woods cope with the physical and emotional trauma that resulted from the crash. This, Woods said, helped him through some of his darkest days.

“Anyone [special forces] the operator can confirm this – you do not know how long a firefight will take. It could last five seconds or five hours, and some could go on for several days at a time, “Woods said in his interview.” With that in mind, you do not know when the end is, so that’s the hard part. How do you get through that? “

“I just shortened the windows off, oh, this is going to be nine months of hell, until it’s only two or three hours,” he added.

Newsweek has contacted Tiger Woods for a comment.

Give a Comment