Target Hire Date
Join our community and experience Emerson College!
The Program Coordinator for Intercultural Student Affairs will support the development of students from traditionally marginalized backgrounds – especially BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ students – by advising and providing administrative support to student cultural organizations. They will also support the creation and execution of impactful identity, inclusion, diversity, equity, accessibility, and social justice programs and training opportunities
Your Manager: Director of Intercultural Student Affairs
Your Direct Reports: None
Student Workers: 1 to 3
Key Partners: Center for Spiritual Life, Student Engagement & Leadership, Student Accessibility Services, International Student Affairs, Social Justice Center, Emerson Counseling & Psychological Services, Student Success, Student Transitions
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide advising and administrative support to cultural/affinity organizations. Conducts bi-weekly meetings with cultural/affinity organizations to develop goals, review progress, and discuss challenges and solutions.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, staffing, and evaluation of Intercultural Student Affairs events including Student of Color Pre-Orientation, Tough Topic Tuesdays, Intercultural Friday Breakfasts, the Social Justice Academy, Cultural Graduation ceremonies, vigils, and more.
- Manage department’s online presence include Emerson.edu and all social media platforms.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training that educate student leaders (such as cultural organization leaders, Resident Assistants, Orientation Leaders, International Student Peer Mentors, student organization leaders, fraternity & sorority life leaders) on creating and maintaining an inclusive, diverse, equitable, accessible and socially just campus community.
- Assist with the development and implementation of assessment tools, collects and summarizes data, and delivers recommendations for cultural programming to meet evolving student needs.
Your Other Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of Team Intercultural at campus wide programs including Orientation, Student Organization Fair, Family Weekend, Recruitment events and other Student Affairs functions.
- Attend departmental and divisional meetings, training sessions, and workshops, as required.
- Help create intentional branding and marketing to promote the office and its features.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- One to three year’s of experience working directly with students, particularly with students across a wide range of social identities
- Experience with the coordination, planning and facilitation of social justice educational programming on topics related to intersectionality, power, privilege and oppression across multiple identities (ie: race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, class, disability, etc.)
- High level of cultural competence and values in alignment with the work of making Emerson inclusive, diverse, equitable, accessible, and socially just
You’ll be preferred if you have:
- Master’s Degree
- Passion for the arts
- Typical office environment
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods
- Light lifting
- Ability to concentrate for long periods of time
Grade of Position: A15E Scheduled Weekly Hours: 36.25 Hiring Range: $51,100.00 – $53,600.00