National Louis University (NLU) is a 130+ year old university that is grounded in the values of innovation, access, excellence, and equity. As an institution, we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student-focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. Full-Time NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
The Marketing Manager, Creative Services, will report to the Director of Brand Management and Integrated Marketing and work within the creative team to promote National Louis University and its distinct colleges. In this role, the individual will focus on driving the university forward through brand and image management and consistently presenting new concepts for internal promotions as well as advertising campaigns, website, and social media uses.
Outcomes and Responsibilities:
- Consistently produce and present ad campaign concepts for use in marketing the various colleges and programs.
- Gain strong understanding of competitor campaigns and strive for uniqueness and differentiation
- Continuously drive website creative look to new levels and ensure fresh and exciting images to users
- Managing collateral inventory at the university distribution center and serving as liaison to the on-campus copy center
- Collaborating and communicating with other marketing team members and outside print and advertising agencies to ensure consistency in all work that represents the university
- Maintaining asset libraries and visual brand identity elements
Competencies, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Visual Communication, Graphic Design or related field
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in graphic design role
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Comprehensive portfolio that demonstrates a creativity and a strong understanding of branding, typography, illustration and layout design
- Ability to apply creativity and originality in the work setting, when appropriate. Suggests or applies new ways of addressing ongoing work issues and challenges. Sees possibilities that others have not yet seen, or combines ideas and approaches suggested by others in a unique manner that results in breakthroughs and improvements. Understands when to be creative and when to stick with what exists now.
- Strong customer focus with both internal and external stakeholders. Identifies customer needs and expectations and responds to them in a timely and effective manner. Anticipates and prevents delays or other things that can adversely affect the customer. Keeps customers informed about the status of pending actions and inquires about customer satisfaction with products or services.
- Takes initiative and recognizes opportunities for change and takes action to capitalize on them. Looks for ways to make an impact on the institution in a positive way.
- Strong team player who adds complementary skills and contributes to the team dynamic.
- Ability to Multitask and prioritize while still fulfilling commitments and adapts well to changes in procedures and obstacles.
National-Louis University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. NLU is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.