Warning to parents not to let their children sleep with their phones while charging in bed

Worrying picture shows why parents should NEVER let their children sleep with their phones while charging in bed

  • An eye-opening post has revealed why you should never charge your phone in bed
  • The poster showed several pictures of charred bedding and burnt cables
  • The record is said to charge devices on flat and non-flammable surfaces to avoid damage










Parents have been warned not to let their children sleep with the electronics they were given for Christmas charging on their beds for fear of starting a fire.

A doctor’s Facebook page for parents shared the warning with a picture of a sweaty blanket where a phone charger was left.

The post urged parents to teach their children how to safely charge devices and not leave them overnight on flammable surfaces.

Medical advice for children Facebook page CPR Kids recently shared a warning to parents not to let children sleep with electronics in their bed

Medical advice for children Facebook page CPR Kids recently shared a warning to parents not to let children sleep with electronics in their bed

The company released five photos showing a burned charger cable and charred bedding, urging parents to teach their children how to safely charge devices

The company released five photos showing a burned charger cable and charred bedding, urging parents to teach their children how to safely charge devices

‘Did your children get a tablet or phone for Christmas?’, Was the caption.

‘Make sure they never charge electronics in bed – teach them to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines.’

The Post recommended charging devices on flat and non-combustible surfaces to avoid personal injury and damage.

It is also recommended to avoid cheap electronic accessories, to ensure that there are no foreign objects in the charging points of the device, and to keep wires away from small children.

The post recommended parents teach children to charge their phones on flat and non-flammable surfaces to avoid injury

The post recommended parents teach children to charge their phones on flat and non-flammable surfaces to avoid injury

It is also recommended to avoid cheap electronic accessories, to ensure that there are no foreign objects in the device's charging points, and to keep wires away from small children.

It is also recommended to avoid cheap electronic accessories, to ensure that there are no foreign objects in the device’s charging points, and to keep wires away from small children.

Nearly 300 people commented and tagged others in the eye-opening post, while over 400 people shared the information to warn others.

“I told it to my daughter too, and now she’s charging it with the portable charger on the bench, so much safer and less stressful for me,” one parent wrote.

“Look, that’s why I hate power cables,” said another.

Advertising

.

Give a Comment