Chris Noth edited out of “And Just Like That” finale amid scandal over sexual assault

Last week, when a fourth woman came forward to accuse Chris Noth of sexual assault, her lawyer, Gloria Allred, called on the stars and producers of Sex and the City spin off And just like that to stand up for Noth’s victims.

And now it seems that the stars and the creative team are sending the disgraced actor a very strong message.

(At this point, we will warn those who want to avoid And just like that spoilers so as not to read any further.)

Noth’s character, Mr. Big, was surprisingly killed in the series premiere, but it seems there were plans to bring him back – presumably in flashback form – to the show’s finale.

Chris Noth in 2017

Now these plans have been scrapped and producers have confirmed that Noth’s remaining scenes have been edited out.

Several stores have confirmed the news that the cast and production staff agreed that Noth should be removed from the finale, which is set to be released on HBO Max on February 3rd.

It is unclear whether this move required the episode to be rewritten in any way, or whether any new scenes were recorded out of distress.

Chris Noth in 2016

The news comes in the heels of the announcement that Noth has been fired from Equalize – The CBS drama, in which he starred alongside Queen Latifah – as a result of the accusations.

Noth was first charged with assault on December 17, and he was quickly dropped by both his talent agency and the Peloton – who had recently hired him for an advertising campaign – as a result of the allegations.

In the days that followed, several other women stepped forward to accuse Noth of misconduct that ranged from sexual harassment in the workplace to rape.

Chris Noth on a stage

Noth has issued a statement insisting that there is no truth in any of the allegations made by these four women:

“The accusations against me from people I met many years, even decades ago, are categorically false,” the actor wrote on social media.

“These stories could have been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago – no always means no – it’s a line I did not cross,” he continued.

Chris Noth in 2021

“It’s hard not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I do not know for sure why they are popping up now, but I know: I did not assault these women.”

The actor’s representatives have issued similar denials in the weeks since.

“The story is a complete fabrication, and the alleged narratives that are detailed through are read as a piece of bad fiction,” an employee told Noth. People magazine.

Chris Noth picture

“As Chris said yesterday, he has and would never cross that line.”

New York police say Noth is not currently under investigation.

That may change, however, as at least two of the alleged victims plan to sue in civil cases that are likely to bring new evidence to light.

Chris Noth in NYC

Meanwhile, it seems that Noth’s acting career has come to an abrupt and unexpected end.

We will have further updates on this development history as more information becomes available.

Give a Comment