Named one of the top 10 most innovative colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report, Goucher College has also been recognized as a College that Changes Lives. Located in Baltimore, Maryland, Goucher is a private, coed, liberal arts college dedicated to teaching students to be complex problem solvers who are prepared for the jobs of the future. A Goucher education focuses on creating lifelong learners through an interdisciplinary, international education that requires 100% of students to study abroad.
The Assistant Director of Alumnae/i Engagement and Philanthropy is an exempt position in the Office of Alumnae/i Affairs that supports the Office of Annual and Affinity Giving. The Assistant Director will be responsible for creating and managing relationships, events, programming, and philanthropy efforts with students through their senior year and into their first 10 years after graduation with a focus on the five and 10-year milestone reunions. This position will be critical in helping to build and maintain a culture of philanthropy at Goucher by creating a student to young alumni pipeline of engagement and fundraising.
This position may be required to work some weekends and evenings as needed.
Required: Bachelor’s degree
Required: 1-3 years of experience in higher education, events planning, alumni or student engagement, fundraising.
Preferred: 3 plus years of experience in higher education, events planning, alumni or student engagement, fundraising.
EVENTS & PROGRAMMING
- Manage the Gophers in the City program for young alumni and plan to expand the program.
- Create and implement new programming for young alumni in collaboration with campus partners.
- Support the new alumni affinity groups and/or manage them as they expand.
- Coordinate all senior class events (senior nights, 100 Day Celebration, senior toast).
- Manage the five and 10-year milestone classes each year to plan their reunion events and class giving goals and assist with specific Alumni Weekend programming for young alumni.
- Work with the Office of Advancement Services to request and manage data as needed for analysis, communications, and outreach.
- Manage the Gophers for Goucher student philanthropy group which involves recruiting and training students to educate others about philanthropy and the importance of giving to Goucher.
- Organize the Senior Class Tassel Campaign, a fundraising effort targeting the senior class.
- Assist with Goucher Society Van Meter Club events, focused on alumni of the last 10 years.
- Work with the Office of Advancement Services to request and manage data, donor lists and information.
- Manage alumni Facebook page and recent graduating class pages. Research, develop campaigns, and implement effective social media engaging young alumni.
- Manage communications to students and young alumni liaising with the Office of Communications.
- Write and assist with new marketing and communications strategies (i.e.: texting campaigns)
- Serve as the liaison with the Office of Student Engagement and other campus partners to support student programming and build student engagement and volunteer opportunities.
GENERAL OFFICE DUTIES
- Assist the Alumnae/i Affairs and Annual and Affinity Giving staff with administrative tasks and duties as needed.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants must apply online at http://goucher.interviewexchange.com
Please submit the following application materials online:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional reference
All Goucher employees must show proof of COVID vaccination or request a medical or religious exemption.
Goucher College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
Goucher College is committed to increasing the diversity of our community and seeks applicants dedicated to applying principles of equity and inclusion in all areas of the campus community.