Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 339001 – DELTA
Location: Raleigh, NC
Essential Job Duties:
This position serves under the Online and Distance Education (ODE) unit of the DELTA organization, reporting directly to the ODE Program Manager supporting the Distance Education program providing many unique functions to the campus including:
- Student and faculty services. The position coordinates faculty and program services, often serving as the process and procedural expert. Coordinates the day-to-day functions of, communicates and interprets program information, policy and procedures, provides customer service to internal and external clients, and maintains academic records. Work requires extensive knowledge of DE programs, university guidelines and information technology systems (PeopleSoft).
- Process NDS applications and enrollments. Process NDS applications, collaborating and consulting as necessary for residency issues, international clearance and campus safety concerns. Positions are called upon to apply University policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all matters of application and enrollment eligibility. Consult and collaborate with Registration and Records and the University Cashier’s Office as necessary per student eligibility issues.
- Manages inquiries and communications via ServiceNow, email and phone call. Assists students with various requests as called upon, consulting with and referring to appropriate campus entities to secure assistance and follow-up services as requested by students.
- Maintain, edit, and update DE web site content, including content displayed on the Online and Distance Education website, the ODE Virtual Orientation, ServiceNow Knowledge Base/FAQ and other online databases as called upon, ensuring all information is current and accurate.
- Assists with program enrollments and serves as a consultant to enrollment coordinators and faculty and staff regarding student enrollment, including assisting with enrolling students, processing overrides and removing holds, and troubleshooting enrollment issues on behalf of department enrollment staff, whenever appropriate.
- Assists with developing training materials and standing operating procedures (SOPs) on ODE functions and processes. Assists with developing presentations and generating reports and running queries in the Student Information System (SIS).
- Provides support services for Testing Services during periods of peak volume.
- Provide proctor support services for Testing Services as called upon during peak periods of volume, providing management of overflow facilities when needed.
- Other duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Must have strong computer skills utilizing WordPress, Google, and Microsoft software applications (Google suite, Word, Excel), or similar software. Demonstrated proficiency in WordPress (or similar software).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to learn new systems and processes, technologies, and software quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential issues, records, and data.
- Customer-service oriented, ability to respond in a timely manner to questions and resolve problems promptly.
- Ability to multi-task and see projects through to the end.
- Ability to work under pressure and be adaptable and flexible.
- Excellent organizational, planning, prioritizing, and time-management skills.
- Ability to convey information with specific references to guidelines, systems operation, policies and/or procedures to faculty and staff, students and stakeholders.
- Heightened ability to understand and interpret multiple University policies & procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively within and across various departments.
- Intermediate skills in WordPress and Google Suite.
- Two years of experience in a university setting
- Student Information System/Peoplesoft experience
- Ability to organize, plan, and prioritize daily tasks in order to accomplish personal and unit goals.
Required license or certification:
Position Number: 00109036
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.