Television Production Supervisor – HigherEdJobs

[ad_1]

Logo

About Us:

Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/

Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.

Job Summary/Basic Function:

Responsible for marketing, negotiating, bidding, supervising production, and quality control for all video projects of the university. This position provides administrative support for purchasing and maintenance of UTP equipment, for oversight of student work-study students, and for community relations.

Department Overview:

The Department of Media is housed in the Communication Building (the historic and original Student Union Building) with broadcast facilities in the SMASH Building. Our nationally-renowned faculty have been innovative leaders in Media for over 50 years. We are proud of our long-standing and highly acclaimed student organizations, thriving undergraduate degree programs, two minors, and five professionally-oriented certificate programs We are committed to creating a supportive environment for both faculty scholarship/teaching, staff, and for student learning. Our curriculum emphasizes theory-driven pre-professional education for our students who can earn a BA degree and choose from a number of associated minors and certificates. For more information about our department, please visit https://www.boisestate.edu/media-dept/.

Level Scope:

Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectives.

Essential Functions:

60% of Time the Television Production Supervisor must:

• Discuss and determine the type and scope of the project with the client and estimate project costs
  • Oversee production and post-production to ensure timely completion
  • Provide one-on-one training and mentoring for students to learn the video production process
  • Recruit film crew members and coordinate with the client
  • Responsible for the production budget and making sure everything runs smoothly during filming
  • Research production topics using the internet, video archives, and other informational sources
  • Edit written materials

Varies depending on the time of year and is determined by department needs.

Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:

• Video production skills
  • Ability to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction
  • Administrative skills
  • Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
  • Good knowledge of the entire process of video production, planning, production, and post-production; structure and content of the English language; business and management principles.
  • Experience: as a video producer for clients; project development skills; observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources; using computers and computer systems.

Minimum Qualifications:

Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant experience

Preferred Qualifications:

Interest in student-led media
Passion for supporting students and advancing learning objectives
Salary and Benefits:

Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.

Required Application Materials:

Please submit a resume, cover letter detailing your interest in the position, and contact information for three educational or professional references. If you have questions about the role please contact Nathan Snyder, Director of University Television at nathanialsnyder@boisestate.edu

Boise State University is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications and nominations of women, persons of color, and members of other underrepresented groups. EOE/AA Institution. Veterans preference may be applicable.

[ad_2]

Source link

Give a Comment