Events Technical Coordinator
Division/College: Finance & Administration
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $15.65 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Work under the general direction of the Campus Events Manager by assisting in the audio and visual technical needs for Admin Ops. This position will primarily oversee the planning, coordinating, and setting-up of audio and video systems for UI, community events, and Vandal Athletic events. Other focuses for this position will be on understanding and maintaining technical equipment inventories; leading large work crews; working with customers to meet their expectations; and familiarizing with the technical infrastructure of the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center and other ESS run venues.
- Two years of experience operating and maintaining a multi-channel audio system, and/or HD video distribution system.
- Experience operating, maintaining, and installation of video equipment.
- One year of experience scheduling, leading work of crews.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelors degree in theater, music, radio-television, electronic technology or other related area, or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years experience coordinating, operating and supervising stage/production systems relating to events; interpersonal skills and experience in supervising staff.
- Effective written and oral communications.
- knowledge or experience in computer programing and operation.
- Ability to learn NCAA rules and regulations as they pertain to this position.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Stand and squat on catwalks and beams 70+ feet above floor level
- Lift and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
- Work on ladders
- Perform rigging
- Read and interpret blueprints
- Work in enclosed spaces and dusty environments
- Work extended hours with variable schedules including evening, nights, weekends and holidays to meet production deadlines
Posting Number: SP003188P
Posting Date: 01/12/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Review of applications will commence on January 27, 2022.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.