Extension Faculty – Bingham County – 4-H Youth Development & Adult Livestock/Animal Science
Location: Off Campus Location – Bingham County–Blackfoot
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Faculty
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
University of Idaho Extension is seeking applicants for a 12-month, tenure track position as Assistant or Associate Professor, Extension Educator in 4-H youth development and adult livestock/animal science. This position is located at the University of Idaho Extension office in Blackfoot, Bingham County. The Extension educator will provide instruction and support in 4-H youth development programming (60% of Extension time) and adult livestock/animal science (40% of Extension time) in Bingham County and the eastern district. The Extension educator will determine clientele needs and priorities and then design, market, conduct, and evaluate Extension programs. In addition, the educator will participate in applicable university, college, Extension, district and community committees and perform other service/leadership assignments (5%) and will conduct scholarship/creative activities (5%).
- An earned Masters degree from an accredited institution in youth development, animal science, Extension education, or a closely related discipline. The required degree(s) must be completed by the date of hire.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with individuals and groups of various social, cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy and competence in using technology for program delivery, record keeping, reporting, and team-based communications
- Extension experience in 4-H youth development and/or livestock/animal science.
- Ability to design, market, conduct, and evaluate educational programs.
- Experience in disseminating research results through scholarly outlets such as refereed/peer reviewed publications and/or oral presentations.
- Supervisory experience of staff and/or volunteers including recruiting, teaching, supervising, mentoring and managing others.
- Experience working with underserved audiences.
- Strong organizational skills.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: F000973P
Posting Date: 01/14/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by February 14, 2022, will have first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, write a letter of qualification addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition to the online application, applicants must submit a resume/CV, letter of qualification and transcripts (unofficial are acceptable). Provide names and contact information for three references and have each reference send a letter of recommendation that address the candidates qualifications for this position (generic letters of recommendation will not be considered) to Marnie Spencer, University of Idaho Extension Eastern District Director, email@example.com. Questions can be directed to Marnie Spencer at 208-529-8376.
For questions, please contact:Marnie Spencer UI Extension Eastern District
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.