Prince William remains silent when asked if he supports Prince Andrew

Prince William declined to comment today when asked by a TV reporter if he supported his disgraced uncle, Prince Andrew, while on his first joint engagement of the year with his wife Kate.

The Duke of Cambridge was leaving the Foundling Museum in Brunswick Square Gardens in London when a Sky News reporter asked him: ‘Your Royal Highness, may I just ask, do you support Prince Andrew?’

William – who was wearing a face mask – paused, leaned in and pointed to his ear and said to the reporter, ‘Sorry, I can not hear you.’ The journalist then asked: ‘Do you support Prince Andrew? Have you talked to him recently? ‘

But William simply smiled, said a few inaudible words, and put his arm behind his wife Kate’s back as they left the building. One woman was heard saying, ‘We have to move on now,’ and another said, ‘I’m so sorry,’ to the Duchess.

The Duke visited the museum, which tells the story of Foundling Hospital, Britain’s first children’s charity, which was founded in 1739 as a home for children whose mothers could not care for or care for them.

William and Kate learned more about the care sector during their visit and met well-known faces who have experience living in care, including poet Lemn Sissay, former athlete Kriss Akabusi and author Allan Jenkins.

But the 39-year-old duke declined to say anything about Andrew, six days after the queen removed her son’s honorary military roles in a dramatic Buckingham Palace statement, and he abandoned his use of the HRH style.

Palace sources said the move had been widely discussed in the royal family after Andrews’ failed attempt to persuade a judge to dismiss the civil lawsuit in which he is accused of having sex with a victim of human trafficking.

Prince Charles and his son William are believed to have been ‘complicit’ in forcing him out – where the Prince of Wales spoke to his mother on the phone from Scotland last week after the latest court hearing.

Prince William is asked if he 'supports Prince Andrew' while visiting the Foundling Museum in London this afternoon

Prince William is asked if he ‘supports Prince Andrew’ while visiting the Foundling Museum in London this afternoon

William pauses and leans in after being asked the question at the museum today and says to the reporter: ‘Sorry, I can not hear you’

Prince William and his wife Kate then leave the Foundling Museum in London after their visit this afternoon

Prince William and his wife Kate then leave the Foundling Museum in London after their visit this afternoon

One woman was heard saying, 'We have to move on now', and another said 'I'm so sorry' to the Duchess as they left today

One woman was heard saying, ‘We have to move on now’, and another said ‘I’m so sorry’ to the Duchess as they left today

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are speaking with Founding Museum director Caro Howell outside the building today

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are speaking with Founding Museum director Caro Howell outside the building today

Prince William and Kate smile at each other as they leave the Foundling Museum in London this afternoon

Prince William and Kate smile at each other as they leave the Foundling Museum in London this afternoon

William was at Windsor Castle last Wednesday – the day before Andrew was stripped of his titles – to carry out an invitation on behalf of his grandmother and would also have spoken to her in person.

A well-placed palace source said last week: ‘It was a ruthless and swift decision which would have been recommended by the Prince of Wales and the Duke of Cambridge and sanctioned by the Queen.’

Prince Andrew’s Disappearing Action: Duke deletes his Twitter, Instagram and Facebook while lowering his profile

Prince Andrew’s Twitter account has been deleted as pressure intensified on the Queen’s son a week after she removed his honorary military roles.

Social media users who visited the Duke of York’s official Twitter page @thedukeofyork today were greeted with a message saying “this account does not exist – try searching for another” just hours after it’s still was live yesterday.

The Duke’s Facebook and Instagram accounts – both of which have handled @hrhthedukeofyork – were still alive this morning, six days after Andrew lost his titles and gave up his use of the HRH style last Thursday.

But a source close to Andrew told MailOnline today that all of his social media channels had now been removed and were no longer live, but some of them took longer to filter through.

The source said: ‘The changes have been made to reflect the latest statement from Buckingham Palace regarding the Duke of York.’

Andrew, who was born as HRH, will not use the style in any official capacity, and he was also deprived of his remaining royal patronages in a resolution representing his complete removal from official royal life.

The Queen’s move came a day after the trial of Andrew in New York took a big step forward when a judge rejected his proposal to dismiss the case of sexual assault against him and ruled it could go to court.

Today, Secretary of Defense James Heappey said Andrew had ‘created enormous challenges for the royal family’, kept ‘terribly bad’ company, and that his civil sex case risks overshadowing the platinum anniversary.

However, he avoided saying whether it was right for the queen to deprive her son of his military roles, adding that as minister he did not want to comment further as he “may risk becoming too colorful”.

But he told LBC that Andrew ‘had caused enormous challenges for the royal family in a year in which we were to celebrate Her Majesty the Queen’s extraordinary service as she reaches her platinum anniversary’.

It happens while Andrew is awaiting a civil sex case in the US, where the trial is scheduled to take place between September and December.

Virginia Giuffre is suing the Duke for allegedly sexually abusing her when she was a teenager.

Ms Giuffre, formerly known as Virginia Roberts, claims she was traded by Andrew’s friend, the late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, for having sex with the Duke when she was 17 and a minor under U.S. law.

The duke has vehemently denied the allegations.

Ms Giuffre claims that Andrew had sex with her against her will in Ghislaine Maxwell’s home in London and in Epstein’s mansion on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

Maxwell, Epstein’s ex-girlfriend and a friend of Andrew, was convicted in the United States on December 29 of raping teenage girls and will be convicted this summer.

The Duke is also alleged to have abused Mrs Giuffre on another occasion during a visit to Epstein’s private island, Little St James, and on a separate occasion in Epstein’s Manhattan mansion.

Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Andrew on the Buckingham Palace balcony behind the Queen on June 8, 2019

Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Andrew on the Buckingham Palace balcony behind the Queen on June 8, 2019

Prince Andrew and Virginia Roberts stand with Ghislaine Maxwell in the background in London on March 13, 2001

Prince Andrew and Virginia Roberts stand with Ghislaine Maxwell in the background in London on March 13, 2001

Yesterday it was revealed that the York Racecourse is to rename the Duke of York Stakes in an attempt to distance itself from the Queen’s controversial second son.

Although the prestigious six-furlong sprint was named in 1895 after another Duke of York – Prince George, Duke of York who became King George V – officials on the track must try to make its history clearer.

Andrew has also been urged to lose his duchy in York, which was given to him by his mother on his wedding day in 1986.

James Brennan, the race’s head of marketing and sponsorship, told The Yorkshire Post: ‘It was named in honor of Prince George, who went on to become King George V.

“It’s never been directly about Prince Andrew. With that in mind, however, we need to explore how we can make the name much clearer about its history – and that the name refers to a completely different Duke of York. ‘

The current favorite as a replacement is the 1895 Duke Of York Stakes. Any change must be made with the European Pattern Committee, which regulates group races.

.

Give a Comment