(Photo: Courtesy Hilgert Family)

The family of John Hilgert, the 14-year-old high school student who died at the Astroworld Festival, have sued Travis Scott and others – demanding “changes”.

The complaint, which was filed Wednesday and obtained by PEOPLE, shows Scott, 30, Live Nation Worldwide and its subsidiaries, including Scoremore LLC, as well as other entities.

The case alleges that the defendants “failed in their duty to protect the health, safety and lives of those present at the concert” and highlights what the plaintiffs describe as security and crowd control errors.

The case also alleges that “gross negligence” and “ruthless disregard” of Hilgert’s security – named as JWH in the court papers – resulted in “his injuries and subsequent death.”

“Defendants violently breached their duty to protect the health, safety and life of those present at the concert, including, but not limited to, the provision of insufficient security personnel to implement audience control measures, proper barricades and failure to provide an adequate amount of emergency medical assistance, “the case claims.

RELATED: Texas High School Freshman John Hilgert, 14, identified as the youngest Astroworld Victim: A ‘Terrible Loss’

(Photo: Amy Harris / Invision / AP / Shutterstock)

(Photo: Amy Harris / Invision / AP / Shutterstock)

John’s parents, Chris and Nichole Hilgert, say they want to see reforms in the way concerts are organized, from safety requirements, available medical facilities and the elimination of poorly designed seats to public access instead of allotted seats, according to a press release.

“The pain of our loss from our son John, who did not come home alive from an event like this, is unbearable. He was a handsome young man who simply wanted to enjoy his first concert event with friends, whom he appreciated spending time with and more. than anything else, “Chris said in a statement.

“This pain should never be felt by anyone over a loved one attending a live concert,” he said. “Our only goal in filing this lawsuit is to prevent this type of tragedy from ever recurring at a live concert. There is no excuse for the poor audience design, the performance of the event and the lack of response that was exercised at this festival, resulting in our the tragic deaths of his son and nine others, along with dozens of other people who were innocently injured. “

He added: “If this lawsuit prevents even a family from having to go through the extreme pain and anguish we have endured, then it is the least we can do to honor John’s memory.”

Richard Mithoff, the family’s lawyer, also filed a lawsuit on behalf of Adam and Jennifer Cox, parents of John’s friend, with whom he attended the festival, and who is named in the case as BC

The other boy, according to the family, was also injured during the festival’s audience increase. Both cases allege negligence and gross negligence on the part of all the defendants and claim $ 1 million in damages.

“No one should die by going to a concert,” Mithoff said in a statement.

A number of cases have been brought in connection with Astroworld chaos.

On November 17, Scott was named in a $ 750 million lawsuit on behalf of 125 Astroworld festival victims, including the family of 21-year-old Axel Acosta, who died of cardiac arrest after being crushed in the crowd.

In an earlier statement, Live Nation said they “continue to support and assist local authorities in their ongoing investigation so that both the fans who participated and their families can get the answers they want and deserve and we will address all legal issues.” question appropriately. time. “

RELATED: Astroworld medical staff treated 11 people with cardiac arrest at one time, says ParaDocs CEO: ‘Impossible achievement’

Meanwhile, earlier this month, Scott’s attorney, Edwin F. McPherson, appeared Good morning America and said that “there was, of course, a systemic breakdown that we need to get to the bottom of before we start pointing fingers at anyone.”

McPherson claimed at the time that the statement of mass accidents from the authorities that night “absolutely did not” reach the 30-year-old rapper or his team as the artist continued to perform the show. “Actually,” McPherson insisted, “we saw footage of police half an hour later just walking around and not looking like it was a mass accident.”

Following the event, Scott posted a series of videos to his Instagram story on November 6, in which he said he was “appalled” by what happened on his show, promising to help the victims’ families. “I’m honestly just crushed and I could never imagine anything like that could happen,” Scott said.

A source close to the musician previously told PEOPLE that Scott was not aware of the extent of the situation while he was on stage. “The lights shone in his eyes and he could not see what was happening,” the source said. “He thought someone had just fainted, which happens during concerts.”

This week, Scott was seen in public for the first time since the festival tragedy. The rapper was was photographed spends time with Mark Wahlberg, Corey Gamble and Michael Jordan in Southern California.

Nine other concertgoers have died from injuries at Astroworld, including Jacob Jurinek, 21; John Hilgert, 14; Brianna Rodriguez, 16; Franco Patiño, 21; Ezra Blount, 9; Rudy Peña, 23; Madison Dubiski, 23; Danish Baig, 27; and Bharti Shahani, 22.

Follow us on Google News

Disclaimers for mcutimes.com

All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.

By Editorial staff

Latest News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *