Netflix has announced the big cast and filmmakers behind Guillermo del Toro’s “Cabinet of Curiosities,” an eight-episode live-action anthology series set for next year.
del Toro acts as the creator, executive producer and co-showrunner of the series, which aims to challenge our traditional notions of horror with tales of the macabre, magical, gothic and grotesque. The project previously went by the name “10 After Midnight”.
del Toro created original stories for two of the episodes, while two others will serve as customizations to HP Lovecraft stories. Notable filmmakers involved include Jennifer Kent, Vincenzo Natali, Ana Lily Amirpour, Catherine Hardwicke, Panos Cosmatos, David Prior, Keith Thomas and Guillermo Navarro.
Here is an overview of who is involved in which sections:
– Essie Davis, Andrew Lincoln and Hannah Galway star in an episode directed by Jennifer Kent (“The Babadook”, “The Nightingale”) and based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro.
– Tim Blake Nelson, Elpidia Carrillo, Demetrius Grosse and Sebastian Roche star in an episode directed by Guillermo Navarro (“Godfather of Harlem”, “Narcos”) and written by Regina Corrado (“Deadwood”, “The Strain”) based on an original story by Guillermo del Toro.
– Crispin Glover and Ben Barness star in an episode directed by Keith Thomas (“Firestarter”) and written by Lee Patterson (“Curve”) based on a short story by HP Lovecraft. Cast TBA.
– F. Murray Abraham, Glynn Turman and Luke Roberts star in a section directed by David Prior (“The Empty Man”) and written by David S. Goyer (“Man of Steel”) based on a short story by Michael Shea.
– Catherine Hardwicke (“Twilight”) directs an episode written by Mika Watkins (“Origin”) based on a short story by HP Lovecraft. Cast TBA.
– Ana Lily Amirpour (“The Bad Batch”, “A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night”) directs an episode written by Haley Z. Boston (“Brand New Cherry Flavor” and based on a short story by comic book author Emily Carroll. Cast TBA.
– David Hewlett plays in an episode written and directed by Vincenzo Natali (“Cube”, “Hannibal”) based on a short story by Henry Kuttner.
-Peter Weller plays in an episode directed by Panos Cosmatos (“Mandy”), who co-writes with Aaron Stewart-Ahn.
Production has begun in Toronto on the series, which is also produced and co-showrun by Oscar winner J. Miles Dale (“The Shape of Water”). Gary Ungar also produces executive.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.