training or experience; demonstrates a sincere desire to aid all students. MUST HAVE 18 HOURS AT A GRADUTE LEVEL IN HEALTH- PHYSICAL
General Description: Help students to learn subject matter which will lead toward fulfillment
of their potential intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth. Directs, assesses, and evaluates the learning experiences of the
students along with the assessing the effectiveness of academic programs in which he/she is employed to teach.
- Maintain records as required by the University.
- Maintains professional ethics.
- Establish and maintain cooperative professional relationships.
- Provide evidence of professional growth.
guidance and counsel to the students which will promote their welfare and their proper educational development.
- Administers the
classroom and its program of organization and management.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with students, peers,
and community leaders.
- Develop and implement syllabi that are clear and understandable.
- Prepare and provide quality
- Provide projects, papers, etc. that are relevant to the course and to student learning.
- Demonstrate knowledge
of content area along with on-going personal study and research.
- Begin and end classes on time according to OCU schedules.
- Present clear, complete, and accurate explanations so that students understand what is expected.
- Approach subject matter in a
positive and enthusiastic manner.
- Receive learners’ questions comfortably and answers them clearly and completely.
- Provide consistent, un-biased feedback on student work in a timely fashion.
- Cooperate with students involved with
extra-curricular activities by providing assistance when they miss your class.
- Make provisions, if known, for students with
- Present content relevant to the objectives of the course as found in the syllabi.
relevant questions throughout the lesson to check for understanding.
- Ask questions of varying difficulty.
- Encourage active
- Fairly assess student progress as outlined in the syllabi.
- Provide for the care and protection of
- Select texts, supplementary materials and equipment necessary for the delivery of course content.
- Accepts a share of responsibility for committee assignments.
- Attends meetings as outlined in OCUs calendar.
research within respective field.
- Provide community service.
- Maintain office hours of 10 hours per week in addition to
This job description in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties responsibilities
performed by the position incumbent.The incumbent will be required to follow the instructions and perform the duties required by the
incumbent’s supervisor, appointing authority, or designee.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of at
least three references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume and
supporting materials can also be submitted by mail to Oakland City University C/O Human Resources 138 N. Lucretia Street Oakland City, IN
Deadline to apply: 11/30/2021
Review of applications will begin immediately and will be held in confidence.
Oakland City University is a Christian university which offers high quality, career-focused degree programs in a Christ-centered,
campus secure environment. Our Christ-centered values and relationships create a supportive environment which encourages students to live a
life of Christian service in their chosen careers. Our talented faculty equip our students with the knowledge and expertise they need to
lead healthy, productive lives and successful, fulfilling careers. Founded by the General Association of General Baptists in 1885, U.S. News
and World Report has recognized Oakland City University as one of the top universities in the Midwest and #2 in the Midwest for Social
Oakland City University is committed to the achievement of equal opportunity within OCU. In this regard, OCU will
recruit, hire, promote, educate, and provide services to persons based upon their individual qualifications. OCU prohibits discrimination
based on arbitrary considerations of characteristics such as age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, marital status, national origin,
race, or veteran status.
As a religious educational institution, Oakland City University is permitted under the
exemptions set forth in Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to prefer employees on
the basis of religion.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.