HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (CW44 News At 10) – In its ongoing effort to make Hillsborough County roads safer, the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office will soon implement details on High Visibility (HVE).
From Monday, September 13, 2021 through May 2022, deputies will focus on areas throughout the county where traffic accidents are common.
READ MORE: Midtown Tampa is holding a vigil for the Tampa Bay Bucs on Thursday, September 9th
The operation is funded through a contract with the University of North Florida in partnership with the Florida Department of Transportation. According to the FDOT, Hillsborough County ranks 4th in Florida for serious and fatal traffic accidents.
READ MORE: City Of Tampa Launches New Job Seeker Website
“We need drivers to obey the rules of the road and at all times be hyper-aware of their surroundings,” said Sheriff Chad Chronister. “These surgeries are designed to raise awareness and focus on training drivers, pedestrians and cyclists. Traveling on a roadway should not be a dangerous experience, but non-compliance with traffic laws puts everyone at risk. Together we can save lives. ”
MORE NEWS: Dragon Con 2021 draws thousands of fans to Atlanta
The following locations will be part of the upcoming HVE operation:
- Hillsborough Avenue, from Sawyer to Beaumont Center Boulevard
- Fletcher Avenue, from Regency Drive to Bruce B Downs Boulevard
- US Highway 41, College Avenue to 15th Avenue NW
- US Highway 301, Whitt Road to River Walk Court
- US Highway 41, from Phillips Lane to Gibsonton Drive
- Brandon Road, from Kings Avenue to Valrico Road
- Nebraska Avenue, from Fletcher Avenue to E 104th Avenue
- US Highway 301, from I-4 to Harney Canal
- Orient Road, off I-4 to Hanna Road
- Hillsborough Avenue, from Standish Bend Drive to Town and Country Boulevard
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, from Mott Drive to Sumner Road
- Dale Mabry Highway, off Idlewild Avenue W to W Waters Avenue
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, off Lakewood Pointe Drive to Parsons Avenue
- Adamo Drive, off I-75 to Providence Road
- Hillsborough Avenue, from Pinellas County Line to Memorial Highway
- Bruce B Downs Boulevard, off University Square Drive to E 131st Avenue
- S 50th Street, from Madison Avenue to 16th Avenue S
- Nebraska Avenue, from 118th Avenue E to E 131st Avenue
- Dale Mabry Highway, off Fletcher Avenue to Ehrlich Road
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.