Our Hospice program provides care for terminally ill patients who wish to remain at home. Hospice care involves support for patients and their loved ones. It is not so much a place, but rather an approach to health care emphasizing symptom management while helping patients and families to cope with psychosocial and spiritual issues. UC Davis Hospice serves patients of all ages, including newborns and children, as well as adults.
Final Filing Date: 12/30/2021 Interviews may be held at any time
Salary Range: $34.21- $35.50, grade 19
Salary Frequency: Hourly
Appointment Type: Per diem
Percentage of Time: Per diem
Shift Hour: Variable
Location: Jackson Business Park
Union Representation: No
Benefits Eligible: No
We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs.
THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY
The Chaplain (per diem) provides comprehensive spiritual services to patients and caregivers. Such services include an initial spiritual assessment, ongoing support, liaison with the spiritual community, as well as appropriate participation in planning and conducting funeral or memorial services, and participation in overall bereavement assessment and follow up. Ministers to a diverse population and is sensitive to their beliefs, cultural and ethnic heritage and spiritual history.
- Completion of Clinical Pastoral Education (4 units) mandatory
- Knowledge and understanding of human behavior, communication, the influence of culture and values, and chaplaincy practice
- Knowledge of suicidal behavior, the ability to assess lethality, and the ability to initiate appropriate plan
- Ability to develop and maintain team effectiveness and cohesion and to establish and maintain a work environment based on mutual respect
- Ability to work independently with flexibility for supervision in complex situations
- Ability to work accurately and quickly under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information
- Knowledge of community resources and mandated reporting requirements for CPS, APS and domestic violence
- Ability to identify one’s own professional strengths and weaknesses and to engage in activities designed to enhance effectiveness and to make constructive use of feedback from peers, subordinates and supervisors
- Skills to perform CPR and participate in advanced care planning discussions
- Knowledge of third party reimbursement systems, procedures and Federal and State regulations pertaining to Home Care/Hospice
- Knowledge of legal implications for clinical practice
- Ability to represent the University, Department and Hospice program in a professional manner
- Knowledge of medical terminology
HBPC/Hospice chaplain experience
Master of Divinity, Theology or a comparable degree
Valid CA driver’s license, participate in DMV pull notice system
Able to work overtime, on-call, weekends and holidays; some restricted vacation due to program needs
Able to travel to patient homes
This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.