ABINGTON, Pa. (CBS) – A man is in hospital after Abington’s fire department says a possible furnace fire spread to the rest of a home. The fire happened in the 300 block of Heathcliffe Road.
According to Abington Fire Chief John Rorher, the department got the call around 12:56 p.m. Saturday. Firefighters arrived and found smoke and flames at the back of the house.
READ MORE: Philadelphia Weather: Potent Winter Storm System is ready to hit the Delaware Valley Sunday night
Firefighters searched the house and found an adult man inside. Chief Rorher did not give an update on his condition.
READ MORE: Gas prices are falling in New Jersey, unchanged across the country
The split-level house suffered significant damage.
MORE NEWS: Man shot twice inside North Philadelphia grocery store, police said
Chief Rorher said they are still investigating how the fire spread, but added that the original call was a furnace fire.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website – https://mcutimes.com – is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.