" /> " />

Meghan Markle complains to the BBC about the coverage of her privacy win

MEGHAN Markle has complained to the BBC about their star journalist’s reporting following her legal victory over a national newspaper.

The Duchess of Sussex slammed Amol Rajan, host of the documentary The Princes and the Press, after he said she had apologized for “misleading” the court.

Meghan Markle complained to the BBC in the latest twist on the controversial doc The Princes and the Press

5

Meghan Markle complained to the BBC in the latest twist on the controversial doc The Princes and the PressCredit: AP
Speaker Amol Rajan said she apologized for 'misleading' a court in her fight with Mail on Sunday - a claim that has now been rectified by the broadcaster

5

Speaker Amol Rajan said she apologized for ‘misleading’ a court in her fight with Mail on Sunday – a claim that has now been rectified by the broadcaster
It emerged during the trial that Meghan had forgotten to tell the court about emails in which she discussed the briefing of the authors of Finding Freedom

5

It emerged during the trial that Meghan had forgotten to tell the court about emails in which she discussed the briefing of the authors of Finding FreedomCredit: News Group Newspapers Ltd

It followed her long battle with Mail on Sunday after the newspaper published excerpts from a private letter Meg had sent to her estranged father.

During the case, it emerged that she had sent emails to her former communications secretary Jason Knauf, discussing the briefing of the authors of the sympathetic Sussex biography Finding Freedom.

The Duchess apologized for not telling the court about the messages – and said she had simply forgotten that the discussions had taken place.

But after Rajan said she had been sorry to “mislead” the court, legal representatives of the Sussexs contacted the BBC.

The broadcaster has now issued a correction.

It comes just six weeks after Rajan himself issued a rude apology for “rude” and “immature” comments about Prince Philip, Kate Middleton and Prince William.

Controversy over BBC doc:

  • The royal households issued a joint statement in November, saying they had no chance of responding to the ‘overblown’ program The Princes and the Press
  • The doctor claimed that William and his staff briefed the media against Meghan and Harry
  • Omid Scobie said the royals would “put the Duchess in her place”
  • Meg was represented on the show by a lawyer – the only one of the royals who got anyone to speak on their behalf
  • After it aired, host Amol Rajan apologized for comments about Cambridges and Prince Philip in 2012
  • Now the BBC has apologized after Meghan complained about wordings used by Rajan in a podcast related to the program

When he wrote in The Independent back in 2012, the self-proclaimed Republican allegedly used one of his columns to describe the Duke of Edinburgh as a “racist hassle”.

In another, he described Wills’ and Kate’s public role as “a total scam” in an open letter to the couple.

In a podcast linked to the controversial doc, Rajan had said: “Initially, Meghan Markle had said she had not helped Scobie with the book.

“She apologized for misleading the court about this.”

A clarification issued by the BBC today said: “The Duchess of Sussex has asked us to clarify that she apologized to the court for not remembering email exchanges with her former communications secretary, Jason Knauf, in her evidence and said that she did not intend to mislead the court. “

Last month, the appellate court upheld the Supreme Court judge’s ruling that Meghan “had a reasonable expectation of privacy” when she wrote the letter to Father Thomas.

The decision came despite five alleged contradictions in her claims.

🔵 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates

The Mail has since accepted defeat and will not seek to appeal.

Meanwhile, back in November, the royal households issued a joint statement criticizing the Princes and the Press for their “exaggerated and unfounded allegations”.

The royals say they were not allowed to see a preview of the two-part program in advance and they had no option to process the allegations properly.

Allegations were sent that William and his staff briefed the media against Meghan and Harry.

Finding Freedom writer Omid Scobie claimed that “negative stories” had been leaked about the Duchess to “put her in her place”.

No evidence was presented and he was not challenged by Rajan’s claim.

BBC’S DIRECTION

Meghan was the only royal represented in the program.

She made sure her lawyer answered questions on her behalf.

This raises the possibility that she knew what the doctor would say in advance.

Jenny Afia of the firm Schillings dismissed allegations that the Duchess bullied royal staff, saying there were “massive inaccuracies” in the story.

The Duke of Cambridge is said to be deeply upset at the proposal he briefed against his brother and sister-in-law.

He has reportedly banned his aides from ever briefing family members after seeing the devastating effects of his parents’ media war on their own.

Harry himself first raised the topic of his mental health in a TV interview in 2019, saying he was experiencing issues that needed “constant management”.

At the time, it was only reported that his older brother was “concerned” about his well-being.

Sources say all claims about a planted history are “categorically untrue”.

The saga of the documentary has been running for several months.  The royal family says they were not given a proper opportunity to respond to allegations

5

The saga of the documentary has been running for several months. The royal family says they were not given a proper opportunity to respond to allegationsCredit: Getty
It was alleged during the program that William and his staff had briefed against the Sussex because they wanted to put Meghan 'in her place'

5

It was alleged during the program that William and his staff had briefed against the Sussex because they wanted to put Meghan ‘in her place’Credit: Getty
The BBC documentary ‘The Princes and the Press’ explores William and Harry’s relationship with the news media

Follow us on Google News

Disclaimers for mcutimes.com

All the information on this website – https://mcutimes.com – is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.

Give a Comment