The lawsuit, filed Wednesday, names defendants including Apple Music, Scott, rapper Drake and Live Nation, claiming they were negligent and stood to earn “an exorbitant amount” at the event, but chose to “cut corners, cut in costs and endanger festival-goers. “
“Many in the crowd were knocked to the ground and trampled, some were caught and crushed against other concertgoers, while others were pressed together against metal barricades,” the lawsuit states. “The resulting catastrophic incident and carnage were easily predictable and preventable if the defendants had acted in a reasonably prudent manner in the planning of a large-scale festival such as the Astroworld Fest.”
The lawsuit demands $ 2 billion in damages for “extreme pain and suffering, loss of earnings, emotional distress and medical expenses.”
“My clients want to make sure the defendants are held accountable for their actions, and they want to send the message to all artists, event organizers and organizers that what happened in Astroworld can not happen again,” said attorney Thomas J. Henry in a statement. .
At least 140 lawsuits have been filed in connection with the festival tragedy, according to Harris County District Court.
Witnesses described the incident as traumatic
A few minutes before Scott took the stage at. 21, more than 260 people had already been treated, according to the logs. At 9:33 p.m., police reported that “several people were trampled down, fainted on stage.” A “Level One MCI” – mass accident – was reported at. 21:52, according to the logs.
Between 22.00 and around kl. At 11.40 pm, 17 people had been transported to hospitals, of which at least six had cardiac arrest.
“This is something I’ll have nightmares about for the rest of my life,” Pollak said. “The team is extremely broken up around it. Seeing so many young people get CPR at once is just something no one has to go through.”
“It felt like it was the end for me,” said participant Selena Beltran, describing that she lost her balance when a crowd around her began to jump. “To think that’s how I want to die, I was so scared.”
“I did not know what to do. It was all happening so fast, but so slowly, and I could not react. I was just screaming,” Beltran added.
It is unclear what Scott saw from the stage and whether he was aware of the audience conditions, but he continued to perform until around 6 p.m. 22.10. Scott’s attorney said the artist did not know about the mass accident statement until the following morning.
CNN’s Natasha Chen contributed to this report.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.