Northwestern Memorial Hospital was recognized as the top hospital in Illinois and number ten in the country by US News & World Report.
Aside from the “America’s Best Hospital” recognition for the Northwestern Memorial, several Northwestern Medicine hospitals also ranked high on the best hospitals in the Chicago metro area and Illinois. These include:
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital ranked tenth in the Chicago Metro and tenth in Illinois
- Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital ranked 13th in the Chicago Metro and 15th in Illinois
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry, Huntley, Woodstock Hospitals ranked 14th in the Chicago Metro and 16th in Illinois
- Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital ranked 17th in the Chicago Metro and 19th in Illinois.
“As an integrated academic health system driven by ours Patients first mission, this recognition would not be possible without the dedication of our physicians, nurses, and staff, ”said Dean M. Harrison, President and CEO of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare. “As we look to the future, we recognize and celebrate Northwestern Medicine’s exceptional and tireless healthcare team that responded with compassion and commitment to providing world-class care to our patients during a global pandemic.”
Seven clinical programs at the Northwestern Memorial also ranked among the top 15 in the country:
- The Northwestern Memorial is ranked No. 6 in the country for cancer
- The Northwestern Memorial is ranked No. 8 in the country for geriatrics
- Northwestern Memorial is ranked No. 9 in the country for gastrointestinal surgery
- The Northwestern Memorial is ranked No. 9 in the country for neurology and neurosurgery
- The Northwestern Memorial is ranked No. 11 in the country for urology
- The Northwestern Memorial is ranked No. 12 in the country for cardiology and cardiac surgery
- The Northwestern Memorial is ranked No. 14 in the country for pulmonology and lung surgery
The hospital also ranked nationally in the following specialties:
- 27. in diabetes and endocrinology
- 48. in ear, nose and throat
- 19. in orthopedics
The Northwestern Memorial was also recognized as a high performer in rheumatology.
Northwestern Medicine hospitals were also recognized for the following:
- Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital is ranked No. 36 for Pulmonology and Lung Surgery; High Performing for gastroenterology and gastrointestinal surgery as well as geriatrics and orthopedics; and high performing in five procedures and conditions
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry, Huntley, Woodstock Hospitals Recognized as High Performing in Orthopedics and High Performing in Nine Procedures and Conditions.
- Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is recognized as high-performing in orthopedics and high-performing in six procedures and conditions
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital is recognized as performing well in 15 procedures and conditions
- Northwestern Medicine Palos Hospital is recognized as a high performer in four procedures and conditions
- Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital is recognized as performing well in three procedures and conditions
Click for more information here.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.