Job ID: 2937372
Department: Deans Office, Business
This position will assist in planning, promoting and hosting programming to support the Ozbun Chair of Entrepreneurship within the College of Business at NDSU. The person in this position will be mainly responsible for leading events and identifying opportunities for curricular and co-curricular activity that will measurably increase the participation and depth of entrepreneurial activity on campus and across the state of ND. The successful candidate will also be responsible for expanding entrepreneurial education to middle and high schools across ND, forging partnerships with statewide organizations, implementing events, providing marketing ideas and content, managing and mentoring entrepreneurship scholarship recipients, and training community members across the state of ND on teaching entrepreneurship. This position will also provide communication and administrative support essential to Ozbun Chair.
- Programming: Plan, execute and measure co-curricular events at NDSU and throughout the state
- Create initiatives that fit the strategic vision of the Ozbun Chair
- Provide leadership, coordination, and integration with high schools that can benefit from our youth entrepreneurship programs, activities, and services.
- Assist the Ozbun Chair with training partners across the state to provide entrepreneurship training and programs.
- Measure the success of co-curricular activities and plan future events based on participation and depth of impact
- Develop key external relationships/partnerships with local entrepreneurs, businesses, foundations, and high schools.
- Implement local and regional events to add value to programs and build awareness and support for The Center for Entrepreneurship.
- Administrative support and training
- Manage logistics for events including paying expenses, booking travel, communicating with participants and integrating events into the existing website and marketing materials.
- Market events to students, faculty, community members and the media.
- Work with Ozbun Chair and COB Business Manager to provide comprehensive, proactive budgeting and responsible management.
- Supervisory support for student workers
- Oversee student workers supporting entrepreneurship programming
- Work with Ozbun Chair to ensure entrepreneurship scholarship recipients are meeting expectations
Mon – Fri, 7:30-4:30/8:00-5:00 or otherwise arranged, additional hours with programming/travel
- Bachelor’s degree, no preferred field of study
- Experience hosting and planning events
- Experience in problem solving
- Experience communicating with students, academics, and businesses
- Prior experience with entrepreneurial programs, as an entrepreneur, or in teaching entrepreneurship would be valuable
- Ability to:
- successfully create and build new initiatives, businesses, and/or programs
- provide innovative marketing and social media leadership
- plan and implement business/ project performance measures
- work collaboratively
- prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
- independently research and compile data
- communicate effectively in written and verbal format
- follow policy and procedure
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Applicant Materials Required:
- Cover letter
- Names and contact information of three (3) professional references
NDSU offers a comprehensive benefits package with includes single or family health insurance coverage with premiums paid for by the university – with an effective date for new employees the first of the month following date of hire. Other benefits include, wellness benefits, basic life insurance, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual leave, EAP, sick leave and holiday pay. Optional benefits include supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, and supplemental retirement plans.
North Dakota State University is distinctive as a student focused, land-grant, research university. Our main campus is located in Fargo, ND with Extension Service and Research Experiment Station locations across the entire state. NDSU has been listed in the Top 100 public research universities in the United States for research and development in agricultural sciences, psychology and social sciences, based on reported research expenditures.
NDSU is an exciting place to work offering a stimulating and diverse environment richly populated with people pursuing life-long learning and personal growth. Employees often attend on-campus cultural events, lectures, athletic events and enjoy walks through our beautiful campus.
NDSU employs over 6000 full-time and part-time employees across the state, making it the second largest employer in the community. NDSU is the best college in ND, according to Money Magazine (September 2018). NDSU was named a 2019 Best Value College by Forbes. Fargo made Livability.com’s top 10 list of cities to find a job and ranked at #11 for best places to live overall.
NDSU offers a wide array of professional opportunities including faculty, executive, managerial, professional, technical, paraprofessional, office support, servers and crafts/trades. Like a small city, NDSU operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Full time employees are offered a superb benefit package to include 100% company paid health insurance premiums and tuition assistance for employees and immediate family members. All of us at NDSU play an important role in serving our students and public constituencies. We encourage motivated and talented team members that thrive in a higher-ed environment to join our university!
We provide transformational education, create knowledge through innovative research, and share knowledge through community engagement that meets the needs of North Dakota and the world.
No Smoking Notice:
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.
North Dakota State University is an Equal Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender expression/identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, participation in lawful off-campus activity, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, public assistance status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, spousal relationship to current employee, or veteran status, as applicable.
Veteran’s Preference Notice:
This position is subject to North Dakota Veteran’s Preference requirements.
NDSU is an equal opportunity institution. Women and traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.