Westlake University is a new type of non-profit research-oriented university in the People’s Republic of China, supported by public and
private funding. At Westlake, we strive for excellence in advanced research and nourish talented change-makers while remaining small and
refined to ensure research and education quality.
Our three schools, School of Life Sciences, School of Science, and School of
Engineering, focus on selected natural and life sciences and engineering disciplines, emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration. Our goal
is to cultivate generations of talent that dare to step into the unknown and are willing to take social responsibility.
University is currently accepting multiple applications from high-level talent for teaching faculty positions
in English (ESL) to expand the university’s professional teaching force further and establish a high-level teaching system
aligned with the university’s mission and goals. The specific job responsibilities and application requirements are as follows:
Number of Openings: 3
- Develop global standard English curricula
and courses; create a standardized evaluation system for the assessment of students’ English ability.
- Teach doctoral and
future undergraduate students’ English courses, and assist students in developing English skills using an integrated and creative
- Maintain current professional best practices in ESL teaching methods and technology through active learning and
- Ensure sufficient office hours to assist students in regular consultation, and the use of library resources, online
databases, and other information resources.
- Organize or participate in other teaching-related and English-related activities on
- Possess or acquire a strong familiarity with Westlake University; strong
professional ethics and sense of dedication in teaching which personally aligns with Westlake University’s missions and goals.
Passionate about teaching English with extensive theoretical and practical experience.
- Master’s degree or above (Ph.D.
preferred) in TESOL/TEFL, Applied Linguistics, or a closely related field.
- Applicants with advanced degrees in other fields who
have obtained a TESOL/TEFL certificate and have extensive experience teaching ESL students will also be considered.
- Three or more
years of university-level ESL teaching experience.
- Two or more years of experience teaching English as a second language (in
non-native English-speaking countries).
- Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal skills.
Westlake University offers an internationally competitive salary, an attractive benefits package, and comprehensive
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
To apply, please send the following documents in English as
a single PDF file to email@example.com :
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
statement describing your teaching philosophy
- Course description and syllabus for a proposed introductory undergraduate course
- A list of at least three professional references with complete contact information
Applications will be reviewed upon
receipt. Outstanding short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will continue until all positions are filled.
Westlake University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all ethnic backgrounds and
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.