Assistant Professor Tenure Track Position in Organizational Change and Development 16414
The Technology Leadership and Innovation Department at Purdue University is inviting applicants for a faculty position at the Assistant Professor rank. This is a 9-month tenure track position to begin in August 2022. Candidates must have an earned doctorate in human resource development (HRD), human resources management (HRM), Industrial-Organizational Psychology (I/O Psychology), or related fields.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach and conduct research in the areas of organizational change and development. They will also be expected to participate in service activities at the program, department, college, university, community, as well as within relevant professional organizations. The candidate will teach in the areas of leadership and human resource development across undergraduate and graduate levels. We are seeking a candidate with a strong foundation in quantitative methods, who can contribute to high impact areas of research related to leadership and human resource development.
The successful candidate will be expected to secure external grant funding to support an independent research program, while disseminating knowledge through high quality publications, teaching and mentorship to graduate students.
- A Ph.D. in Human Resource Development (HRD), Human Resources Management (HRM), or Industrial-Organizational Psychology (I/O Psychology) or related field, either completed or expected to be completed by August 2021.
- Strong evidence of research productivity and teaching excellence in HRD, HRM, or I/O Psychology, including evidence of published conference proceedings, high-quality peer-reviewed journal articles, and excellent teaching ratings.
- Evidence of research experience using quantitative methods
- Evidence of potential to obtain externally funded research grants.
- Ability to work collegially as part of a team.
- Previous employment/consulting experience in corporations, non-profit or public sector organizations.
- Experience with technologies impacting organizations and the workplace.
The Department of Technology Leadership & Innovation is part of the Purdue Polytechnic, one of the 10 academic colleges on Purdue University’s flagship campus in West Lafayette, IN. The department is a leader in advancing knowledge about human resource development, organizational leadership, technology, and innovation in local, national, and international contexts. Our research and teaching reflect a commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration, and engagement with businesses, organizations, and corporations, seeking to enhance employee expertise and organizational capacities around the globe. The department faculty has a strong track record in external funded grants including NSF, DOL, NIJ, DHS, USDA, USDS as well as corporations and foundations. The Technology Leadership & Innovation department is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty effort, including scholarship, instruction, and engagement. Additional information about the Purdue Polytechnic Institute and the Department can be found at https://polytechnic.purdue.edu/ and https://polytechnic.purdue.edu/departments/technology-leadership-innovation.
- The successful candidate will be appointed to a full-time, 9-month tenure-track position, starting Fall 2022.
- Summer employment is a possibility but is neither guaranteed nor required.
- Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including a faculty start-up package.
A background check is required for employment in this position.
All candidates need to apply through the Success Factors link found here: https://performancemanager8.successfactors.com/sf/jobreq?jobId=16414&company=purdueuniv
Applications must be submitted as a single pdf file and include the following components in the order listed. All applications must include:
· A cover letter addressing how the candidate fits the qualifications outlined in the position description (please indicate the position requisition number of 16411 at the beginning of the letter).
· A Curriculum Vitae.
· A statement of research interests and directions.
· A statement of teaching interests and philosophy.
· A sample article published in a scholarly venue.
· Teaching evaluations.
· Three letters of reference
· A diversity, equity and inclusion statement addressing scholarship, teaching, and engagement as a faculty member.
Review of applications will begin on November 22, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be given full consideration.
Any questions about this position should be sent to the search committee chair:
Dr. Nathalie Duval-Couetil (Search Committee Chair) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Department of Technology Leadership, & Innovation
Purdue University’s Department of Technology Leadership & Innovation is committed to advancing diversity in all areas of faculty eﬀort, including scholarship, instruc on, and engagement. Candidates should address at least one of these areas in a separate Diversity and Inclusion Statement, indicating their past experiences, current interests or ac vi es, and/or future goals to promote a climate that values diversity and inclusion.
Affirmative Action Statement
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer . All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.