School: Faculty of Arts and Sciences
The Department of Linguistics at Harvard University seeks to make a tenure-track appointment in the area of syntax, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022. The tenure-track professor will teach and advise at the undergraduate and graduate levels and conduct an innovative program of research in syntax.
Applicants whose research interfaces with other areas as well as those who have an additional area of research such as computational linguistics, experimental linguistics, or linguistic fieldwork are especially encouraged to apply.
Ph.D. in Linguistics or related field
Applications should be submitted at the URL below and should include:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Teaching/advising statement (describing teaching philosophy and practices)
- Teaching evaluations (if available)
- Statement describing efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging, including past, current, and anticipated future contributions in these areas
- Names and contact information for three referees, who will be asked by a system- generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once the candidate’s application has been submitted. At least one letter must come from someone who has not served as the candidate’s undergraduate thesis advisor, chair of the dissertation committee, or primary advisor in a postdoctoral fellowship
- Copies of three representative research papers
Applications must be submitted no later than November 13, 2021.
Helen Lewis, for Department Administrator
Department of Linguistics
Room 304, Boylston Hall
Cambridge, MA 02138
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
We strongly encourage applications from women and other underrepresented groups. Harvard is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, protected veteran status, disability, genetic information, military service, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or other protected status.
Minimum Number of References Required: 3
Maximum Number of References Allowed: 5
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.