Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and DC are celebrating their 25th anniversary Superman: The Animated Series with a fully remastered Blu-ray box set. Superman: The Complete Animated Series, featuring several hours of bonus features titled a brand new documentary describing the creation of one of the most beloved animated Super Hero cartoons in history, will be available from October 12, 2021 .
The Emmy-winning Superman: The Animated Series was produced by Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) and was the perfect sequel to the landmark Batman: Animation series. Producers Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett heightened The Man of Steel’s animated presence with an imaginative, heartfelt look at Superman’s adventures in Metropolis alongside Lois Lane and opposite the villainous Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Darkseid and more. The series premiered on September 6, 1996 and continued the WBA’s dominance in Super Hero animation, which again set new standards for storytelling, art direction and acting performances – achieving 11 Emmy Award nominations and two Emmy Award victories, including top honors such as Outstanding Special Class animated program from 1998.
The remarkable Superman: The Complete Animated Series box set contains nearly 21 hours of entertainment spread across six Blu-ray discs, including all 54 exciting episodes, a brand new series-defining featurette titled Superman: Timeless Icon, a special video commentary episode and three specially selected episodes with audio commentaries of the showrunners.
All 54 sections have been remastered from the original 35mm interpositive sources that have placed particular emphasis on extensive color correction, dirt and scratches and added a grain reduction pass to create a pristine image, all while making sure not to affect the original lines in animation illustrations. The sound was transferred from the original soundmasters, and the series is presented in its original image format (4×3).
The producing quartet of Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Alan Burnett and Glen Murakami spearheaded the production of Superman: The Animated Series along with executive producers Jean MacCurdy and Haven Alexander. Shirley Walker and Dynamic Music Partners (Michael McCuistion, Lolita Ritmanis, Kristopher Carter) composed the award-winning score, while eight-time Emmy Award-winning dialogue / casting director Andrea Romano guided a star-studded voice cast. Curt Geda and Dan Riba served as animation directors for more than half of the episodes.
That Superman: The Animated Series cast continued the unsurpassed presentation of guest stars that Batman: The Animated Series had originally established. The long cast list is filled with fixtures, their laurels including an Oscar and 10 Oscar nominations; 37 Emmy Awards and 186 Emmy Nominations; 16 Golden Globe Awards and 54 nominations; five Annie Awards and 38 nominations; four Grammy Awards and 14 nominations; and nine people honored with stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, including Ed Asner, Mark Hamill, William H. Macy, Marion Ross, Malcolm McDowell, Efrem Zimbalist Jr., Michael York, Roddy McDowall and Paul Williams.
Tim Daly (Madame Secretary, Private Practice, Wings) led the cast as Clark Kent and Superman along with Dana Delany (Body of Proof, Desperate Housewives, China Beach) as Lois Lane, David Kaufman (Danny Phantom, Stuart Little) as Jimmy Olsen and Clancy Brown (Dexter, The Shawshank Redemption, SpongeBob SquarePants) as Lex Luthor. The star-studded cast included comedians – and their characters – Lauren Tom (Angela Chen), Victor Brandt (Professor Hamilton), Corey Burton (Brainiac), Joseph Bologna (Dan Turpin), George Dzundza (Perry White), Brad Garrett (Bibbo Bibbowski) , Shelley Fabares (Martha Kent), Joanna Cassidy (Maggie Sawyer), Lisa Edelstein (Mercy Graves), Mike Farrell (Jonathan Kent) and Michael Ironside (Darkseid).
Remarkable series guest stars showed Mark Hamill, Ed Asner, Dean Jones, Melissa Joan Hart, Robert Morse, Al Roker, Brian Cox, Jason Priestley, Peter Gallagher, David Warner, Michael Dorn, Christopher McDonald, Bruce Weitz, Andrea Martin, Miguel Ferrer, Ron Perlman, Bud Cort, Gilbert Gottfried, Robert Hays, Dennis Haysbert, Laraine Newman, Nancy Travis, Xander Berkeley, Jonathan Harris, John Glover, Sandra Bernhard, Jack Carter, Ernie Hudson, Henry Silva and Robert Patrick.
Superman: The Complete Animated Series – Improved content
- Superman: Timeless Icon (New Featurette) -A brand new bonus feature produced specifically for the remastered Blu-ray release of Superman: The Animated Series reveals the show’s complicated journey and those who created the new mythology for The Man of Steel, as told by producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba, author Bob Goodman, casting / dialogue director Andrea Romano and Tim Daly & Clancy Brown, the heralded voices from Superman and Lex Luthor respectively.
- A Little Piece of Trivia (featurette) – So you think you know your Superman trivia? Wait until you hear about the series’ connection to Telly Savalas! A brain teaser to entertain any Superman: The Animated Series fan!
- Superman: Learning to Fly (featurette) – Get into the minds of the creative team behind Superman: The Animated Series as they describe the birth of this animated version of Superman and his incredible worlds. Featured speakers include producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director / producer Glen Murakami and directors Dan Riba and James Tucker.
- Building the Mythology: Superman’s Supporting Cast (Featurette) – The characters around Superman get the spotlight in this in-depth look at everyone from Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen and Perry White to Maggie Sawyer, Lana Lang and Ma & Pa Kent. Producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director / producer Glen Murakami and directors Dan Riba and James Tucker give viewers the inside scoop.
- Menaces of Metropolis: Behind the Villains of Superman (Featurette) – Your hero is only as good as the villains around him, and Superman: The Animated Series has a rogues gallery of top-class villains, including traditional opponents Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Bizarro, Metallo, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Toyman and Parasite, as well as new villains created for the series – such as Live Wire and Luminus. Producers Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett and Paul Dini, directors James Tucker and Dan Riba and casting / dialogue director Andrea Romano give us a tour of the villains.
- The Despot Darkseid: A Villain Worthy of Superman (Featurette) – Darkseid is at the center of this investigation of one of The Man of Steel’s most vicious opponents, plus other fourth world characters appearing in Superman: The Animated Series. Feature rights include producers Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Alan Burnett, art director / producer Glen Murakami, authors Rich Fogel and Stan Berkowitz, director James Tucker and Charles Hatfield (Department of English, Cal State Northridge).
- Chair Memories – producers Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett, director Curt Geda and art director / producer Glen Murakami.
- The Last Son of Krypton – Part 1 – producers Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett, director Dan Riba and art director / producer Glen Murakami.
- The Main Man – Part 2 – producers Bruce Timm and Paul Dini, director Dan Riba and art director / producer Glen Murakami.
- Mxyzpixilated – producer Bruce Timm, producer / author Paul Dini, director Dan Riba and moderator Jason Hillhouse.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.