A 2020 lawsuit to prevent a drive-thru vote in Houston was dismissed Monday by a federal appeals court in New Orleans.
The trial was launched ahead of the presidential election in November last year by a voter and three candidates for office. The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruling said the issue is addressed now that the election has passed. And it noted that the Texas Legislature has banned drive-thru voting in future elections.
The 5th constituency panel acknowledged that there is an election scheduled for November before the Texas law goes into effect. But it ruled that the four plaintiffs – one Harris County voter and three candidates for office last year – had no right to sue over what it said was an “overly generalized” allegation of driving -thru voting damages the integrity of the election process.
And according to the statement, none of the three candidates for office in the November election last year have indicated that they intend to be candidates in the upcoming election.
Judge Catharina Haynes, a nominee for President George W. Bush, co-authored the statement with Judge Eugene Davis, a nominee for President Ronald Reagan. Deviating was Judge Andrew Oldham, a nominated President Donald Trump. Oldham claimed the case was not disputed and that Harris County, by providing a drive-thru vote, violated current state law, reserving votes outside a polling station for those with “special physical disabilities or health risks.”
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website – https://mcutimes.com – is published in good faith and for general information purposes only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.