The Nevada basketball team plans to take to the road this season to better prepare for the grinding of the Mountain West game.
Wolf Pack announced its final non-conference schedule for the upcoming season on Tuesday with seven of the 13 games on the way.
Nevada’s 2021-22 season begins on November 9 with a home game against Eastern Washington. Other highlights of the schedule include:
- A total of three NCAA tournament teams from last season: EWU, North Texas (December 4) and Grand Canyon (December 21).
- A Bay Area tour to play Santa Clara (November 16) and San Francisco (November 18).
- Crossover Classic Tournament in Sioux Falls, SD, November 22-24. The field includes Pack, Washington, George Mason and South Dakota State. Matchups and playing times will be announced at a later date.
- A two-game Texas trip to North Texas (December 4) and Texas-Arlington (December 7).
- A home with three games to round off non-conference games. Nevada meets Minnesota-Duluth (December 15), Loyola Marymount (December 18) and WAC Champion Grand Canyon (December 21) at the Lawlor Events Center.
“Our guys have had a unique summer and I’m pleased with our overall off-season development,” Nevada coach Steve Alford said in a press release. “Our non-conference schedule will be back for as many as 13 games. The challenge is to play seven games away from home, which should prepare our team for Mountain West games. ”
Nevada finished 16-10 last season (10-7 Mountain West) and reached the MW tournament semifinals. Wolf Pack is expected to return eight players, including this year’s Mountain West newcomer Grant Sherfield and All-MW selection Desmond Cambridge Jr.
Pack non-conference plan
November: 9 vs. Eastern Washington; 12 against San Diego; 16 at Santa Clara; 18 in San Francisco; 22-24 at Crossover Classic (Sioux Falls, SD); 30 vs. Pepperdine
December: 4 at North Texas; 7 at Texas-Arlington; 15 against Minnesota-Duluth; 18 mod Loyola Marymount; 21 vs. Grand Canyon
For more on Wolf Pack, university sports and Reno’s baseball and football teams, follow the author at @RGJduke. Digital subscriptions to the Reno Gazette Journal start at as little as $ 1 a month; Click here for details.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.