Travis Scott and Drake named in $ 750 million lawsuit filed by Victims of Astroworld Festival | MCU Times

Travis Scott and Drake named in $ 750 million lawsuit filed by Victims of Astroworld Festival

Drake, Travis Scott

Karwai Tang / WireImage; Bertrand Rindoff Petroff / Getty Drake, Travis Scott

Travis Scott and Drake are among those mentioned in a $ 750 million lawsuit filed Tuesday by a Houston attorney on behalf of 125 Astroworld Festival victims, including the family of a man who died.

Axel Acosta, 21, was one of 10 concertgoers who died of injuries sustained during Scott’s performance as the audience stormed onto the stage. In a statement to PEOPLE on Tuesday, a member of attorney Tony Buzbee’s legal team said Acosta’s death was “unnecessary and the result of gross negligence.”

In the complaint obtained by PEOPLE, Buzbee claims that Acosta suffered cardiac arrest after being crushed in the crowd.

“When Axel collapsed, he was trampled down by those who fought to prevent them from being crushed,” the lawsuit states. “When he lay there under a lot of humanity and died, the music played and streamed – for almost forty minutes.”

The complaint continues: “Axel Acosta loved and adored Travis Scott and the other artists at Astroworld – the feeling was not mutual; certainly neither Travis Scott nor his exclusive partners, streaming service, record companies, traders, entourage, managers, agents, hangers-on, organizers, organizers or sponsors cared enough about Axel Acosta and the other concert-goers to make even minimal effort to keep them safe. “

Other named defendants include Apple Music, Live Nation, Epic Records, Scott’s Cactus Jack Records and Tristar Sports & Entertainment Group, according to the lawsuit.

Travis Scott performs during the 2021 Astroworld Festival

Erika Goldring / WireImage Travis Scott performs during the 2021 Astroworld Festival

RELATED: Houston fire chief says officials ‘must get to the bottom of’ deadly crowd wave at Astroworld Festival

In the statement to PEOPLE, Buzbee’s team said that his company “on the basis of its ongoing investigation believes that Apple Music, Epic Records and many other companies that could earn on Astroworld will share the legal guilt in a court of law, before a jury in Texas. “

The statement added that the law firm intends to file another lawsuit “with a further 100 named plaintiffs.”

In addition to the 10 people who were fatally injured from the events at Houston’s NRG Park earlier this month, several hundred were injured. At least 36 lawsuits have been filed against Scott and the concert organizers over the incident Houston Chronicle reported.

The complaint filed Tuesday describes alleged behavior by Scott that “glorifies violence and other dangerous behavior,” including postings on social media.

For more on the tragedy on Astroworld, listen below our daily podcast on PEOPLE Every Day.

Drake, who was a surprising guest artist and performed on stage with Scott at the festival, has also been mentioned in the trial. While Certified Lover Boy the rapper “does not have such a productive story that encourages violence,” he still has “great advantage of [Scott’s] ‘sick’ inheritance, “the complaint claimed.

Never miss a story – sign up PEOPLE‘s free weekly newsletter to have the week’s biggest news delivered to your inbox every Friday.

“When [Drake] accepted [Scott’s] invitation to perform at Astroworld 2021, [Drake] was well aware of the damage [Scott] had caused by his shows in the past, “Buzbee writes in the trial.”[Drake] was also well aware of the expected size and volatility of the volume and the likelihood of incentive. “

RELATED VIDEO: Drake Talks About ‘Devastating’ Astroworld Tragedy: ‘My Heart Is Broken’

One week after the fatal Houston concert, Scott’s attorney Edwin F. McPherson said during a performance d. Good morning America that “there was obviously a systemic breakdown that we need to get to the bottom of before we start pointing fingers at anyone.”

RELATED: 9-year-old Astroworld victim Ezra Blount dies after being trampled on at a festival

McPherson claimed that the statement of mass accidents from the authorities that night “absolutely did not” reach the 30-year-old rapper or his team as the artist continued to perform the show. “Actually,” he claimed, “we saw footage of police half an hour later just walking around and not looking like it was a mass accident.”

Following the event, Scott posted a series of videos to his Instagram story on November 6, in which he said he was “appalled” by what happened on his show, promising to help the victims’ families. “I’m honestly just crushed and I could never imagine anything like that could happen,” Scott said.

Follow us on Google News

Disclaimers for mcutimes.com

All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.

Leave a Comment