At PCOM, we espouse to grow a culturally competent workforce to advance healthcare that touches the lives of underserved communities.
Diversity and inclusion is the core component of our institutional identity and a key pillar of PCOM’s strategic vision. Philadelphia
College of Osteopathic Medicine affirms that diversity and inclusion are crucial to the intellectual vitality of the campus community. It is
through freedom of exchange over different ideas and viewpoints in supportive environments that our graduates develop the critical thinking
and citizenship skills that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Since 1899, PCOM has trained highly competent, caring
physicians, health practitioners, and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach to care – treating people, not just
symptoms. As the field of medicine has changed, we’ve changed with it – adapting our program offerings to better meet the needs of
healthcare providers and the communities they serve. At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (PCOM), the branch campus in Suwanee,
Georgia (PCOM Georgia), and our newest location in Moultrie, Georgia (PCOM South Georgia), PCOM students learn to approach problem-solving
in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other
health professionals. At Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine you will be part of a caring, professional, and committed community
focused on making the PCOM experience the best possible for our students.
We are currently seeking to fill our Web Content Specialist
position at the Generic Location campus with a highly qualified and passionate individual.
primary function of the web content specialist is to assist in developing and maintaining PCOM’s web presence in a manner that positively
promotes the College’s identity and brand. This individual will work in a highly collaborative environment supporting the College and all
programs/departments at all PCOM locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the web content specialist include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing, prioritizing and
responding promptly, accurately and efficiently to requests from stakeholders.
- Performing regular reviews of website content
to ensure accuracy, timeliness and relevance.
- Developing, writing, editing, proofreading and implementing site content with
a strong emphasis on maintaining brand consistency and adherence to institutional web standards.
- Verifying that all content
is approved through proper channels and systems prior to posting.
- Working with other members of the web team to plan and
execute major initiatives and projects.
- Troubleshooting and resolving basic technical issues, and working with the
appropriate individuals to resolve more complicated issues.
- Contributing to site search engine optimization efforts
including optimizing copy and landing pages for search engines; writing effective headlines, body copy, and call-to-action statements; and
implementing off-page SEO content strategies including effective use of metadata.
- Working independently to carry out
assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
Performing other related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, information technology or a related field.
Essential Skills and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
to write, edit and proofread content with meticulous attention to detail in accordance with established institutional web policies and
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and analytically.
Demonstrable experience with web content management systems, OU campus preferred.
- Experience writing for, and posting
content to, the web.
- Experience or training in search engine optimization best practices.
- Experience or
training in accessibility best practices.
- Experience working remotely or the demonstrated ability to work independently
under limited supervision.
- Proficiency with Photoshop or similar graphics editor programs.
- Basic knowledge
- Knowledge of Trello, Siteimprove, Brightedge (or similar SEO platform), Google Analytics and Google Data Studio is
- Proficiency with Google Suite (GMail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (IQ) preferred.
- Google Tag Manager
Fundamentals training desirable.
- Ability to sit and operate a computer for an
extended period of time.
PCOM is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration. We
adhere to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed,
national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.