Our favorite dessert just got even better, because now we do not have to impatiently wait an hour to devour it.
These delicious fudgy brownies only take a few minutes in the microwave. Similar to the viral Oreo muffin, these brownies are simple and sweet. Whether you are a fan of the corner brownie or the middle brownie, these brownies will cure your craving for late night.
I love brownies. So if there is a way to make them delicious, and get them faster into my stomach, I’m about that.
It was clear that I could not wait to try these TikTok Microwave Brownies published by @fitwaffle. With 49K likes and over 2K shares, these brownies look almost too good to be true.
2 minutes of fudgy microwave brownies #brownies #brownie #chocolate #tiktokfood #foodtok
♬ Beggin ‘- Moonlight
Gather your ingredients first. I tried to convert all grams and milliliters to ounces and cups:
- About 4 squares or 1.5 ounces of dark chocolate (50% cocoa)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar (or icing sugar, if available)
- 2 tablespoons milk (hot)
- 1/2 cup flour (heat treated)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
How to heat-treat flour and why
If you blinked while watching the TikTok video, you may have missed the part where she stated to heat treat the flour. It’s an important part of the video, so let’s break it down a bit before you start baking, as heat – treating flour ensures that harmful bacteria lurking in your flour are killed.
Normally, flour would be in dishes that are baked. Because these brownies require less than two minutes in the microwave, it is best to make sure the ingredients are safe to eat.
You can heat-treat flour in the oven or in the microwave. Since this is a microwave dessert, let’s use the microwave.
First, add the flour to a microwave-safe bowl. You will also need an instant read thermometer to ensure that the flour reaches temp. Microwave the flour high for 30 second intervals, stirring occasionally. When multiple spots read 165 degrees, you are ready to start baking! So let’s look at the rest of the recipe.
- Heat treat the flour. (See above.)
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds bursts until melted, then stir until combined.
- Stir in sugar and milk until smooth.
- Add heat-treated flour and stir.
- Fold the chocolate chips in.
- Pour the mixture into a 4 × 7 “microwave lined with parchment paper.
- Smooth the mixture and add chocolate chips to the top if desired.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until they are “no longer wet upstairs,” according to the video.
- Let cool in the dish for several minutes.
- Cut into 8 pieces and enjoy!
My TikTok Brownie notes
I learned a few things during the process of making these brownies. If you can find cane sugar, use it! I could not find any and the result was a glitzy brownie. I also used too much flour and adjusted the measurements afterwards. This created a cake-y rather than fudgy brownie.
Also, make sure that all the flour is incorporated really well, otherwise you will end up with stains from it all the way through. In general, they tasted, although brownies did not photograph too well, (I was apparently impatient to let them cool). Are they better than traditional brownies? No. But if you feel like a late night and do not want to wait, these will definitely do it.
Disclaimers for mcutimes.com
All the information on this website - https://mcutimes.com - is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. mcutimes.com does not make any warranties about the completeness, reliability, and accuracy of this information. Any action you take upon the information you find on this website (mcutimes.com), is strictly at your own risk. mcutimes.com will not be liable for any losses and/or damages in connection with the use of our website.